Position Title: Coordinator, Membership
Department: Corporate Development & Marketing
Reports to: Manager, Membership
Primary Purpose of the Position:
• Serve as a point of contact for current members via monthly customer service calls, follow up e-mails, and other correspondence as needed.
• Coordinate the distribution of new member packets, including notes from BIO’s CEO.
• Draft marketing content for use in brochures, letters and e-mails, online properties, etc.
• Coordinate marketing efforts for BIO’s online Career Center & Job Board.
• Organize outreach and scheduling of meetings for BIO staff with prospective and current BIO members, including correspondence via email and/or phone.
• Assist with the evaluation and categorization of member profiles & demographic data, including the development of company backgrounds for BIO staff.
• Coordinate with the Manager of Membership to track all recruitment activities, including meetings, phone calls, correspondence, and any follow-up actions.
• Maintain BIO marketing materials, including committee lists, org charts, and standard language.
• Work with various departments within BIO to promote and contribute to social media and online properties, including BIO websites, blogs, Twitter, LinkedIn, and others.
• Prepare membership shipments to all BIO meetings.
• Update member and non-member information in the BIO database.
• As needed, assist with the invoicing of current BIO members and communication via email and/or phone regarding past dues payments.
• As needed, work with the Coordinator of Customer Service to track in the BIO database all retention activities information, including meetings, phone calls, correspondence and any follow-up actions.
Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently, proactive attitude; ability to work independently and collaboratively Organizational and follow-up skills Consumer service skills Writing skills & experience a plus Database experience a plus Microsoft environment – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access Desktop publishing experience a plus (InDesign or similar software) Familiarity with social media and blogging a plus