Position Title: Assistant, Vaccines, Biodefense and Diagnostics Policy
Reports to: Senior Director, Vaccines, Immunotherapeutics and Diagnostics Policy
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide research, operational, and administrative support to the Senior Director, Vaccines, Immunotherapeutics and Diagnostics Policy, the Director, Diagnostics & Personalized Medicine Policy, and the Manager, Vaccines and Biodefense Policy, as well as the BIO organization as directed. Promotion to Manager will be dependent on performance.
· Conduct research as directed in various issue areas, with emphasis on immunization policy and implementation of the Affordable Care Act, emerging infectious disease/biodefense/pandemic influenza policy, and government funding for medical countermeasure development and for relevant programs administered by the Department of Health and Human Services.
· Monitor the status of regulations, guidance documents, and legislation, as directed. Where appropriate and as directed, develop summaries of key documents.
· Attend hearings, meetings, and symposiums and provide summaries as directed.
· Assist the Senior Director, Director, Manager, and others as assigned, in research and development of position papers and presentations.
· Manage the development and distribution of the semi-monthly Vaccines & Biodefense Newsletter.
· Assist in coordination and development of panels, presentations, and BIO annual meetings and provide logistical and planning support for BIO policy events.
· Create, prepare, and distribute correspondence (including mail and email) as directed, and maintain relevant member distribution lists.
· Promptly and accurately respond to BIO member company questions regarding vaccines and biodefense policy.
· Schedule and coordinate working group and committee meetings, including venue and amenity logistics, as directed. Attend meetings and prepare minutes to share with members as directed.
· Maintain Senior Director’s and Director’s calendars, including scheduling and travel arrangements as directed.
· Track expenses and prepare and submit expense reports for the Senior Director and Director.
· Manage the Specialty Team budget and maintain compliance to budget parameters via monthly reports for the department Executive Vice President and status briefings to the specialty policy team.
· Work with external vendors to coordinate the development of advocacy materials when directed by policy committees.
· Provide one-hour of coverage at the office’s front desk when called upon based on rotation schedule.
· Other duties/projects as assigned by the Executive Vice President for Health and the Senior Director of Vaccines, Immunotherapeutics, and Diagnostics Policy.
Demonstrated excellence in communications (oral and written) and organization.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office software suite – Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Proficiency in operating various office machines, such as scanners, printers/copiers, fax machines.
Demonstrated ability to effectively time-manage and function well in a fast-paced team environment
College degree or equivalent years of work experience.
We offer a competitive, employer-paid benefits package. Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
Biotechnology Industry Organization
Human Resources Department
1201 Maryland Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20024