Position Title: Senior Manager, Product Management and Partnering Web Applications
Department: Emerging Companies Section
Reports to: Director, Investor Relations & Business Development
The primary purpose of this position is to manage BIO’s biopharmaceutical B2B industry intelligence and matching (“partnering”) application. This includes user experience; managing both existing functionality and envisioning new functionality; technology requirements; product design, testing, and rollout; data analysis; customer engagement (“Relationship Management”) and customer service.
Partnering System Management
1. Designs and establishes the overall partnering system/product features. Includes User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) definition, back-end/administrative needs and functionality, mobile product functionality needs, as well as defining database functionality requirements.
2. Works with biopharma business development personnel to understand customer/client needs and with cross functional team (BIO IT, vendors, etc.) to translate customer needs and technology directions into product definitions.
3. Develops annual list of updates/upgrades, including incremental improvements, new system features and attributes and manages budget and timeline to operationalize these improvements. Engage with BIO IT staff and external consultants to test new features, etc.
4. Lead work for the development of new system features to expand system applications and capacities (e.g., Exhibitor Partnering, 3rd party events, non event-based partnering, etc.).
5. Establishes, in conjunction with BIO IT staff, processes and dates for product launches, as well as updates and new feature releases.
6. Establishes processes for management of product requirements throughout their lifecycle. Develops business plan for existing and future products.
1. Oversee and conduct primary and secondary market research to better understand the biotechnology industry’s needs from BIO. Engage in competitive intelligence analysis of investor and BD events and partnering systems in the life science industry.
2. Maintains cutting edge knowledge of technology trends as well as competing systems to understand key features to add/refine.
Partnering System Customer Service
1. Lead customer service efforts for the partnering system.
2. Lead team efforts for order entry and account development for customers.
3. Work with cross functional team to develop relationship management protocols for key sponsors, investors or others.
4. Lead Relationship Management efforts to engage event participants in the system and expanded partnering applications/efforts. Establish staff time requirements, conduct webinars, develop communications with sponsors, develop protocols for outreach to key constituencies (sponsors, investors, etc.), develop statistical analysis for booth fill, and conduct post event analysis. Focus attention on key sponsors, investors as well as conference attendees.
5. Develop a strong understanding of system integrations with other web applications or programs used by the BIO International Convention and BIO Investor and Partnering events (such as CSI registration, Map Your Show, and MyBIO).
6. Oversee temp staff to support customer service and relationship management functions. Establish protocols, conduct training, and ensure customer service is delivered in an appropriate fashion. , etc)
7. Work with cross-functional group to develop sponsorship reports as well as other written customer service reports.
Partnering System Analytics
1. Manage the creation of internal business intelligence tools to track business metrics and data from BIO’s One-on-One partnering system. Create and manage reports for regular reporting to senior management.
2. Work with a cross-functional team to develop reports to support industry research & analysis and management reporting on the partnering system.
3. Support research efforts by BIO BD staff to use partnering system data to analyze therapeutic and deal trends to determine programming components at investor and business development conferences
Oversee work by coordinators and temp staff who support elements described above.
• The candidate should have shown a leadership capacity for the creation, development and maintenance of web application programs in a relevant area. The candidate should be familiar with web applications that build off database-held data.
• The candidate should be familiar with BIO’s events and conferences, or at a minimum, conferences and events involving partnering, or B2B matchmaking and collaboration development.
• The candidate should have strong analytic capabilities and an understanding of the necessary market research and analyses required to undertake system-wide and annual incremental changes.
• The candidate should have a strong record of customer service, and leading up customer service efforts.
• The candidate should have experience in communications, event management, health sciences, and investor relations or business development programming.
• The candidate should have strong writing and oral communication skills and should have experience managing large projects as well as people management skills.
• Requires an advanced degree and 5-7 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with pharmaceutical/biotech partnering concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Requires familiarity with key platforms used in the design and development of web application products.
• Familiarity with presently marketed partnering/matchmaking systems.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks.