Position Title: Senior Manger, Sponsorship
Department: Corporate Development & Marketing
Reports to: Managing Director, Sponsorship
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Manage sponsorship activities for BIO Business Development portfolio of events. In conjunction with the BIO Business Development team, s/he will develop sponsorship inventory and associated revenue for each meeting and reach or exceed revenue goal. Candidate will have outstanding interpersonal, networking and customer service skills. Responsibilities include maintaining vibrant working relationships with current sponsors, identifying new prospects and supervising staff.
· Achieve sponsorship revenue goals totaling over $1.5M for BIO Business Development portfolio of conferences, including BIO CEO & Investor, BIO Europe Spring, BIO International Convention (Business Forum), BIO Investor Forum and BIO Europe.
· Devise, manage and execute sponsorship strategy including donor solicitation, implementation of benefits, invoicing and collection of funds.
· Develop new corporate relationships and cultivate existing ones in order to obtain conference sponsorship goals. Identify and recruit new supporters, negotiate contracts and devise strategies for new revenue streams. Special emphasis on securing support from biopharma companies, service providers and financial institutions.
· Serve as primary interface with senior executives at key financial institutions and major sponsoring companies including Double Helix and Helix organizations.
· Create conference sponsorship budget/goals for respective meetings. Develop a sponsorship prospectus for each meeting and ensure that it is prominently advertised on BIO web site and in other appropriate marketing collateral.
· Supervise and mentor junior sponsor staff. Coach team on successful outreach skills and negotiation tactics for conferences they respectively oversee.
· Develop and manage resources and procedures to help optimize sponsorship tracking and prospecting.
· Coordinate with various BIO departments, including Conventions & Conferences, Business Development, Finance, and Legal to develop robust programmatic, marketing, exhibiting and logistical strategies for sponsors of BIO events.
· Computer literate (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint)
· Strong organizational, written and oral skills
· Capacity to travel up to 25% of time
· Ability to prioritize competing and multiple projects
· Experienced communicator with senior management
· Excellent customer service skills
· Working knowledge of drug development industry and biotech community
· Capable of managing databases with financial and contact information
· Knowledge of general office procedures and machines
· Bachelor’s Degree. Advanced degree preferred
· 5+ years experience in sponsor/sales-related work
· Work experience in biotech/healthcare industry a plus
We offer a competitive, employer-paid benefits package. Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
Biotechnology Industry Organization
Human Resources Department
1201 Maryland Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20024