· Presentations should be done in PowerPoint. Any presentations done in Apple’s Keynote will need to be converted into a PDF in order for it to be used in a presentation. No overhead projectors will be available.
· Speakers should plan to speak no longer than 15 minutes to allow time for questions from the audience and other panel members as well as discussion of topics covered by the panel.
· Speakers must submit their PowerPoint presentations to the Speaker Ready Room (Imperial Room) at least 2 hours in advance of their Breakout Session.
· Speakers should arrive at the Breakout Session room no later than ten minutes before the Session starts to get acquainted with the technology, make sure the presentation is loaded, meet the other speakers, and resolve any last-minute issues. Each room will have a Track Host who will be available to assist as needed.
· Please be advised that all presentations will be posted on a secure website for attendees after the conference. If you wish to have your presentations excluded from the proceedings, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with that request by November 1, 2013.
· Changes to Abstracts: November 1, 2013
· Speaker Registration Deadline: November 1, 2013
· Presentation excluded from Proceedings request: November 1, 2013
Speaker Ready Room: Imperial Room
Track 1: Advanced Biofuels and Biorefinery Platforms: TBD
Track 2: Feedstock Production and Utilization: TBD
Track 3: Renewable Chemical Platforms: TBD
Track 4: Synthetic Biology, Algae and Marine Biotechnology: TBD
Track 5: Technical and Research Presentations: TBD
After Session Area
BIO is always looking for ways to enrich the conference experience for our attendees. This year we are introducing a new feature that will allow attendees to carry on the conversations from the breakout sessions in location outside of the Breakout Room so as not to interrupt any Session that directly precedes it.
The area can be used directly after the session or a time can be set up for speakers and attendees to meet and carry on discussion of the session. We know that time is scarce at conferences and we feel hope that having this area will allow the speakers and attendees to have more time to discuss the presentations instead of the few short minutes directly after the Session ends. We are encouraging all speakers to take advantage of this area and hope that it will allow the session discussions to go on long after the session ends.
Poster Presenter Set-up
Poster presenters must check in at registration to receive credentials prior to being admitted to the exhibit hall for poster set up, and must wear credentials during dismantle hours.
The posters are *landscape* oriented and 4 ft high x 8 ft wide (120 cm x 240 cm). Your display may be smaller than this, but it cannot exceed this size limit as you will interfere with your fellow presenters’ presentations. Posters should fit within the poster board dimensions for the cleanest display. Oversized posters will not be accommodated.
Location: California Ballroom C and Foyer
Time: Tuesday, December 10: 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
BIO will provide push pins on site to mount the posters.
Poster Reception Details
Date: Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Time: 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Location: California Ballroom C and Foyer
You must attend the poster reception on the evening of Tuesday, December 10. During this reception you must be able to discuss your poster with reception attendees in depth. Each poster must have a representative presenting it at all times during the reception. Each attendee is allowed to present one poster only.
*On site, each poster presenter is responsible for his or her poster at ALL times. BIO will not accept responsibility for the posters.
Poster Dismantle and Move-out
Location: Exhibit Hall (Room 210)
Time: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 7:00 pm - 7:30 pm. Please note that BIO will discard any posters left after 7:30.
Please send a PDF file of your poster to email@example.com by Friday, November 1 to be published on the Pacific Rim website. If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping and Storage
Please note that Poster Presenters are responsible for their own shipping and storage. Please plan on hand-carrying your poster with you into the Exhibit Hall for set-up.