Washington, DC (May 5, 2007) –More than 70 international public officials, state governors and other dignitaries are attending the 2007 BIO International Convention held in Boston, Mass. on May 6-9.
Governors and U.S. public officials expected to attend include:
· Senator Pat Roberts (KS)
· Governor Deval Patrick (MA)
· Governor Anibal Acevedo-Vila (PR)
· Governor Matt Blunt (MO)
· Governor Jim Doyle (WI)
· Governor Ernie Fletcher (KY)
· Governor Mitch Daniels (IN)
· Governor Donald Carcieri (RI)
International Public Officials expected to attend include:
· The Honorable Y.A.B. Dato' Sri Mohd. Najib Tun Abdul Razak, Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia
· Dep. Honorable Derek Hanekom, Deputy Minister of Science and Technology, South Africa
· The Honorable Dr. Yongyuth Yuthavong, Minister of Science, Thailand
· The Honorable Trevor Mallard, Minister of Economic Development, New Zealand
· The Honorable Fernando Nebbia, Undersecretary of Agriculture, Livestock and Food Policy, Acting Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food, Argentina
· The Honorable Ahmed Djoghlaf, Executive Secretary of the Convention on Biological Diversity, United Nations
Inquiries should be directed to the 2007 BIO International Convention press room (Room 151) or contact Tracy Krughoff at 617-954-3570 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This year’s BIO International Convention will feature a program packed with more than 200 sessions and speakers focusing on the global aspects of biotechnology, including business development, global health, clinical research/clinical trials, policy, bioethics, devices and diagnostics, biopreparedness, intellectual property/legal, food and agriculture, and industrial and environmental issues. International seminars will spotlight national-level developments from more than 30 countries and regions worldwide.
To view the full conference program, please visit www.bio2007.org/attendees/educational_sessions/index.html.
Founded in 1993, BIO represents more than 1,100 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, state biotechnology centers and related organizations across the United States and 31 other nations. BIO members are involved in the research and development of health-care, agricultural, industrial and environmental biotechnology products. BIO produces the annual BIO International Convention, the world’s largest annual gathering of the biotechnology industry.
Upcoming BIO Events
· BIO International Convention
May 6-9, 2007
· BIO VentureForum-East 2007
June 18-20, 2007
· BIO Mid-America VentureForum 2007
Sep. 24–26, 2007