2014 World Congress to be held in Philadelphia, PA
Washington, D.C. (February 14, 2014) – Celebrating its 11th annual World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology, the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO) is today announcing this year’s breakout program, which include new sessions on the use of industrial biotechnology in personal care and common household products. The conference will be held May 12-15, 2014, at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia.
“There is a growing market for cleaner, healthier, and safer materials for household cleaners, food ingredients, and personal care items that industrial biotechnology can fill,” said Brent Erickson, executive vice president of BIO’s Industrial & Environmental Section. “BIO’s 2014 World Congress breakout program will showcase the current innovations in this growing market space and highlight the progress being made by our industry to address consumer demand.”
The breakout sessions include:
Novel and Sustainable Fermentation Pathways to Natural Products
Tuesday, May 13 8:30am-10:00am
· Jorgen Hansen, Evolva
· David Demirjian, zuChem, Inc.
· Wim Soetaert, Inbiose NV
· Mangesh Kulkarni, Praj Matrix
The Bridge to Renewable Realities…..Alliances, Experiences and Learning’s from Industry Architects
Tuesday, May 13 10:30am-12:00pm
· Moderator: James Iademarco, Strategic Avalanche
· Peter Nieuwenhuizen, Akzo Nobel
· Joey Zwillinger, Solazyme
· Adrianne Pedrosa, Solvay
· Joe Regnery, Zeachem
Specialty Performance Materials from Renewable Sustainable Sources
Wednesday, May 14 2:30pm-4:00pm
· Atul Thakrar, Segetis, Inc.
· Melanie Venter, Yulex Corporation
· David Sudolsky, Anellotech, Inc.
· Joop Groen, TNO
Expediting Bioproduct Commercialization Via Public Private Partnerships
Thursday, May 15 10:30am-12:00pm
· Moderator: Dennis Hall, OBIC, The Ohio State University
· Greg Blake, Biosynthetic Technologies
· Ray Miller, Verdezyne
· Doug Haughn, Team Gemini
· Kate Lewis, USDA BioPreferred Program
Breakout program track sessions for the 2014 World Congress include:
· Track 1: Advanced Biofuels and Biorefinery Platforms
· Track 2: Algae, Specialty Crops, and Biomass Supply
· Track 3: Renewable Chemical Platforms and Biobased Materials
· Track 4: Specialty Chemicals, Pharma Intermediates, Food Ingredients
· Track 5: Synthetic Biology and Genomics Research
· Track 6: Growing Global Markets
· Track 7: Technical Presentations
· Track 8: Research Presentations
· For more information on the conference and to register, please visit www.bio.org/worldcongress.
All World Congress sessions are open to credentialed media. Complimentary media registration is available to editors and reporters with valid press credentials working full time for print, broadcast or web publications. Pre-registration for reporters is now open.