Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Hearing to Examine Follow-On Biologics Tomorrow
WASHINGTON, D.C. (March 7, 2007) – The Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO) announced today that senior officials will be available by phone tomorrow to discuss follow-on biologics. The Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions is scheduled to explore the issue of follow-on biologics in a hearing tomorrow morning.
BIO officials available to comment include:
· Jim Greenwood, President and CEO;
· Amit Sachdev, Executive Vice President, Health Section;
· Sara Radcliffe, Vice President, Science and Regulatory Affairs.
BIO represents more than 1,100 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, state biotechnology centers and related organizations across the United States and 31 other nations. BIO members are involved in the research and development of healthcare, agricultural, industrial and environmental biotechnology products. BIO also produces the annual BIO International Convention, the global event for biotechnology.
Upcoming BIO Events
· 2007 World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology and Bioprocessing
· BIO International Convention
May 6-9, 2007
· BIO VentureForum-East 2007
June 18-20, 2007
· BIO Mid-America VentureForum 2007
Sep. 24–26, 2007