Position Title: Assistant, Vaccines, Biodefense and Diagnostics Policy
Reports to: Senior Director, Vaccines, Immunotherapeutics and Diagnostics Policy
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide research, operational, and administrative support to the Senior Director, Vaccines, Immunotherapeutics and Diagnostics Policy, the Director, Diagnostics & Personalized Medicine Policy, and the Manager, Vaccines and Biodefense Policy, as well as the BIO organization as directed. Promotion to Manager will be dependent on performance.
· Conduct research as directed in various issue areas, with emphasis on immunization policy and implementation of the Affordable Care Act, emerging infectious disease/biodefense/pandemic influenza policy, and government funding for medical countermeasure development and for relevant programs administered by the Department of Health and Human Services.
· Monitor the status of regulations, guidance documents, and legislation, as directed. Where appropriate and as directed, develop summaries of key documents.
· Attend hearings, meetings, and symposiums and provide summaries as directed.
· Assist the Senior Director, Director, Manager, and others as assigned, in research and development of position papers and presentations.
· Manage the development and distribution of the semi-monthly Vaccines & Biodefense Newsletter.
· Assist in coordination and development of panels, presentations, and BIO annual meetings and provide logistical and planning support for BIO policy events.
· Create, prepare, and distribute correspondence (including mail and email) as directed, and maintain relevant member distribution lists.
· Promptly and accurately respond to BIO member company questions regarding vaccines and biodefense policy.
· Schedule and coordinate working group and committee meetings, including venue and amenity logistics, as directed. Attend meetings and prepare minutes to share with members as directed.
· Maintain Senior Director’s and Director’s calendars, including scheduling and travel arrangements as directed.
· Track expenses and prepare and submit expense reports for the Senior Director and Director.
· Manage the Specialty Team budget and maintain compliance to budget parameters via monthly reports for the department Executive Vice President and status briefings to the specialty policy team.
· Work with external vendors to coordinate the development of advocacy materials when directed by policy committees.
· Provide one-hour of coverage at the office’s front desk when called upon based on rotation schedule.
· Other duties/projects as assigned by the Executive Vice President for Health and the Senior Director of Vaccines, Immunotherapeutics, and Diagnostics Policy.
We offer a competitive, employer-paid benefits package. Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
Biotechnology Industry Organization
Human Resources Department
1201 Maryland Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20024
Email: email@example.com