Position Title: Associate/Deputy General Counsel* for Agriculture & Environment
(*Exact title will depend on seniority of individual hired for the position)
Department: Legal and Intellectual Property
Reports to: General Counsel & Head of Public Policy
Position summary: Serve as in-house counsel managing legal advice and services with respect to legal, policy, and regulatory matters affecting the agricultural and environmental biotechnology industries, primarily the regulatory activities of USDA and EPA, and related legislative activities.
1. To serve as legal counsel to the Food & Agriculture (F&A) and Industrial & Environmental (I&E) Sections of BIO, including providing regulatory counsel and support, litigation management and support, antitrust counsel, and advice and support on governance and compliance issues.
2. To provide legal assistance on product stewardship and other voluntary industry self-regulatory initiatives, as well as communication campaigns, related to the F&A and I&E Sections.
3. To provide legal assistance, as necessary, on state, federal, and international legislative, regulatory, and trade-related matters for BIO’s F&A and I&E Sections.
4. Manage the efficient use of outside counsel within all of the above subject matter areas.
5. Assist with other legal activities of the Organization, as requested by the General Counsel.