Assistant General Counsel (AGC) & Compliance Officer
Position Title: Assistant General Counsel (AGC) & Compliance Officer
Department: Legal Department
Reports to: General Counsel (GC) & Senior Vice President (SVP) Legal
- Update and establish new BIO policies on compliance-related issues, including but not limited to conflicts of interest, business and lobbying ethics, privacy, personnel matters, document retention, BIO PAC and antitrust matters.
- Monitor and counsel on new developments in compliance-related issue areas.
- Support the organization’s compliance program, by providing training, counseling, and oversight in compliance-related areas.
- Manage the BIO contract review process, to include contract drafting, review, negotiating, counseling and tracking.
- Monitor and manage BIO’s intellectual property portfolio, including trademark and copyright issues and related filings.
- Provide legal counsel concerning organization’s business operations.
- Assist with other legal matters and special projects as requested by the General Counsel.
- Strong undergraduate academic training and graduate legal degree from a reputable law school, including at least one state bar admission.
- Knowledge of trade association-specific and general corporate law.
- Knowledge of corporate governance, financial and general compliance requirements and best practices.
- Experience reviewing and revising contracts for legal/liability issues.
- Excellent communications and member relations skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Good judgment, sound counsel, and discretion; professionalism.
- Knowledge of federal and state ethics and lobbying rules.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional and legal journals, technical procedures, and governmental statutes, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to write reports, legal memoranda, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels of employees and management, including customers, contractors, and member company representatives.
- 10 + years of experience