Coordinator, Industrial and Environmental Section
Position Title: Coordinator, Industrial and Environmental Section
Department: Industrial and Environmental Section
Reports to: Executive Vice President, Industrial and Environmental Section
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide administrative support to the Executive Vice President, Industrial and Environmental Section and help with departmental administrative duties. This support includes assistance with day to day activities along with general I&E conference duties. In addition, this position will also be responsible for a small number of research and writing projects for the department.
Support EVP and Departmental Administrative Duties
- Create and track contracts for the I&E department.
- Support the I&E EVP in drafting letters and other communications
- Process and track invoices for the I&E department.
- Complete the EVP’s expense reports.
- Help book EVPs travel and conference registrations.
- Assist in updating departmental calendar.
- Manage Executive Vice President’s second email account.
- Help produce the weekly VP update as needed
- Help support advocacy and policy activities, produce lobbying documents policy papers and attend Hill briefings.
- Help organize and conduct working group meetings and conference calls and distribute relevant documents.
General I&E Conference Duties
- Help select and carry out administrative duties regarding the two Awards we give at the BIO World Congress provide logistical awareness for awardees.
- Assist Conference Managers with meeting logistics including signage orders, printed program, timelines, schedules of events, etc. Help with marketing and supporting organization agreements.
- Help manage the I&E department part of the conference budget.
- Serve as the point of contact for other departments regarding World Congress matters.
- Provide regular updates to the I&E department, and conference team in the areas of awards and supporting organizations and media sponsors.
- Manage conference email accounts as needed to assist with marketing.
- Staff I&E directors and the executive vice president as needed to achieve section policy priorities in terms of administrative support.
- Manage IES advocacy materials for distribution.
- Outreach to new IES member companies including company footprint and working group participation.
- Maintain the IES contacts, full section list, working group distribution lists, state facility lists and member company database.
- Participate in all Working Group and Committee calls and send correspondence as necessary.
- Assist in advocacy efforts on Hill, including setting up advocacy visits to members of Congress and at federal agencies as needed.
- Work with Kate Shenk in IES Board matters as needed, including the IES Board member events on Capitol Hill.
- Communicate with working group and committee members, drafting correspondence and Calls to Action.
- Provide State Legislative updates to State Government Relations Committee and Full Section List.
- Responsible for BIO IES Non-Disclosure Agreements management.
Women in Industrial Biotechnology Reception
- Invitation outreach
- RSVP list
BIO International Convention
- Help Directors and assists in speaker outreach and scheduling, including compiling speaker information and speaker management for Industrial Biotech track
Help staff IES exhibit booth as need at other conferences (ABLC, ARPA-E conferences, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree. Some knowledge of science and biology, and public policy or the management of conferences is helpful.
- Work Experience – At least 3 years in the workforce
- Skills – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and other basic computer skills.
- Some experience organizing with conferences helpful
- General Database management
- Ability to organize meetings and conference calls
- Good communication and writing skills