Director of Accounts Receivable
Position Title: Director of Accounts Receivable
Department: Finance & Administration
Reports to: Controller/Managing Director
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The primary purpose of this position is to oversee and process if need be all accounts receivable information, financial analysis and manage the books for the Excellence Through Stewardship.
- Supervise the Accounting Manager. Oversee the processing of all checks, credit cards, and refunds, including coding. Assist, as needed, with the handling of inquiries from cardholders and processing institutions regarding charges/charge-backs.
- Responsible for printing and processing all wires and ACH payments
- Work closely with the various departmental staff on tracking and collections for all receivables including advertising, membership, sponsorship, exhibits and registrations. Generate invoices using Fonteva as needed. Assist with collections.
- Prepare monthly invoices for Affiliates and sub-lease tenants, track timely receipt of payments, and assure they are adhering to contract terms.
- Responsible for the Accounts Receivable monthly close out process. This includes membership and other events revenue recognition, closing and posting all AR and other accounts activities through Accounting (Intacct) and Association Management System (AMS) Integration process. Prepare schedules on a monthly basis for accounts receivable and deferred revenue accounts.
- Prepare weekly cash management report and review with Controller.
- Prepare and enter any journal entries for all Accounts Receivable activities. Assist the Controller with analysis of various accounts during the monthly and yearly close.
- Responsible for the preparation of the monthly bank reconciliations for the investment accounts for BIO.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls appropriate to the accounts receivable area, which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data.
- Responsible for assisting with the annual audit including preparation of schedules, answering questions and overseeing the retrieval of cash receipts and support documentation.
- Responsible for maintaining the financial books for Excellence Through Stewardship (ETS), that includes, recording membership invoices, applying payments, and revenue recognition. Assist with its annual audit/review.
- Participate in a variety of special projects and compile reports, as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by management.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge and understanding of proper accounting treatment for accounts receivable transactions and activities.
- Problem solving – individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Computer literate – especially proficient in Excel and a PC-based Accounting Software System, preferably Intacct.
- Working knowledge of a Database Management Software, preferably Fonteva and/or Personify Software.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver assignments on time.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Successful in dealing with customer and company personnel at all levels.
- High degree of integrity including ability to successfully deal with sensitive or confidential information.
- Ability to exhibit poise, composure and confidence when confronting stressful or high-pressure situations.
- Personally, exhibits a strong commitment to dependability and reliability with the ability to gain the confidence and respect of the customer base.
- Hands on, self-starting, disciplined, and detail-oriented individual with ability to work independently in a high-volume environment that requires a work product that is highly accurate and timely.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 6-8 years of hands-on accounting related work experience.
- Accounting Manager, Accounts Receivable