Executive Assistant to the CFO
Position Title: Executive Assistant to the CFO _X_ Exempt ___ Non-Exempt
Department: Finance & Administration
Reports to: CFO/Senior Vice President, Finance & Administration
Primary Purpose of the Position Summary:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide support to the Chief Financial Officer/Senior Vice President of Finance & Administration. In addition to providing day-to-day administrative support, this position will provide substantive support to the Finance & Investment Committee including meeting scheduling, meeting materials, and meeting logistics, and will support the CFO on Board and Executive Committee related activities, including meeting materials. This position will support the CFO in the overall budget process, and the other areas within the department as needed. This position will be the point person for BIO’s Travel Management and Purchase Card System and will coordinate the annual business insurance renewal with the CFO.
- Provide substantive support with the development of the Finance & Investment Committee meetings, including taking minutes, meeting scheduling, meeting materials, presentations and logistics coordination. Maintain the Finance & Investment Committee information up-to-date in all databases (including Fonteva). Additional support will be required for Board meetings and Executive Committee meetings, including presentations and supplemental information. Also, prepare and distribute general correspondence for the department.
- Responsible for scheduling and managing the CFO’s calendar including prioritizing and resolving related conflicts and competing demands, proactively scheduling important meetings with internal and external individuals. Schedule meetings, reserve conference rooms and procure catering needs, ensure that participants have logistical information and meeting materials, and execute room set-up and clean-up. Complete expense reports and manage filing process.
- Organizes and coordinates travel and related requirements to include: travel bookings (flight, train), hotel bookings, airport transfers (if needed), expense reports. Arrange and confirm all travel arrangements.
- Serve as the point person for the purchase card program, including completing credit card applications, submitting information to vendors as needed, and reconciling and creating the purchase card credit card expense report. Work with the BIO staff to obtain necessary information to submit payments. Work with the Accounts Payable to properly record the information into the accounting system.
- Assist with assembling the monthly financial packages for the Department Heads. Maintain various financial/budget tracking spreadsheets. Assist with the creation and maintenance of dashboards.
- Proofreads, answers, and composes routine correspondence both hand-written and electronic, including board communications; prepares any follow-up actions for the CFO. Answer telephone calls and electronic mail for calls/meetings, and direct requests for information to the appropriate departmental staff, if needed. Copying, faxing, filing, and sorting of mail as needed.
- Provide support tp Finance and Administration Department, including:
- Maintaining the department leave calendar;
- Processing departmental accounting and operational matters;
- Route contracts internally and send approved contracts to third parties for counter signature;
- Maintain full and accurate records of all required documents, including contracts, invoices, and check requests;
- Track expenditures against approved budget as needed; and
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and catering (as necessary) for Finance & Administration Department Heads. Provide other support to department managing directors, when needed.
- Participate and take notes at regular departmental staff meetings. Track and ensure follow-up on day-to-day activities and projects, and action items arising in weekly departmental staff meetings as needed. As requested, ensure follow-up is completed on department-wide action items and recurring tasks. Using professional judgment, help to coordinate department-wide activities. Stay current on the status of departmental goals and objectives.
- Serve as the main point of contact for BIO’s Travel Management System (Egencia), including entering new staff into the system and training them on the travel program. Assist BIO employees to access travel information as needed. Monitor travel expenses for staff and work through and approve exceptions in the system. Work with American Express to resolve issues of BIO staff. Work with American Express to identify reports to be used by the VPs to better manage their department’s travel using professional judgment.
- Serve as the Emergency Team Leader for the Finance & Administration department, which includes assisting with evacuating the department during an emergency and accounting for team during the evacuation. Ensure Department follows all safety instructions and guidelines. Serve as backup, to send out emergency text to All Staff, as needed.
- Serve as the Compliance Coordinator for the Finance & Administration Department, including ensuring team is following the policies and procedures of compliance and obtaining signed certifications from team members.
- Maintain BIO’s hotel points program, working with the various departments to utilize the points earned. Assist CFO in business insurance annual renewal process, coordinate certificate of insurances, as needed for contracts, etc.
13. Perform other duties as may be assigned by the CFO.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent years of experience.
- 5+ years prior administrative and/or work-related experience supporting senior level Executives.
- Experience working with and on Board of Director activities and with other senior management level a plus.
- Working experience in finance and accounting area and a basic knowledge of accounting preferred.
- Prior biotechnology and/or health sciences, association experience helpful.
- This individual must be a proactive self starter with the ability to assume substantive and significant responsibilities with minimal direction or supervision, and to exercise good professional judgment in making decisions within the scope of the position’s requirements. In addition, the candidate must have effective organizational skills and possess exceptional initiative, as well as the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- This individual must be mature, discreet, and able to handle sensitive information in a secure, confidential manner. Also, must be able to interact with a high degree of professionalism with senior levels and their assistants, as well as important external customers. The individual must be a good listener who can react appropriately and use professional judgment to challenging concerns from senior levels and members.
- The individual must be professional, flexible, customer-service oriented, and a team player.
- This individual must have superior written and oral communication skills. Comfortable working with numbers and Excel spreadsheets. The individual must have knowledge of general office procedures and machines.
- This individual must have strong computer skills – especially Microsoft environment (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access), and Adobe Acrobat. Ability to handle BIO systems (e.g., Egencia, Fonteva, Intacct, Host Analytics, ADP Workforce).
- This position is required to travel on occasion.