Manager, Events Marketing
Position Title: Manager, Events Marketing
Reports to: Managing Director, Marketing and Event Technology
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) is recruiting a Marketing Manager of Events to join the fast-paced BIO Marketing team. This is an ideal position for a resourceful, strategic and creative marketer who thrives in a dynamic team environment. Our marketing team is responsible for a portfolio of conferences and events that range in size and scope from 100-16,000 attendees. This position leads the marketing campaigns for 3-4 events each year including but not limited to World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology, IPCC-Fall and IPCC-Spring. The Marketing Manager will lead the creation and management of the strategic marketing plan, including creative and concept development; management of the marketing budget; implementation and analysis of marketing campaigns and metrics; management of day-to-day tactical functions of marketing and related programs that support the goals and objectives of BIO. This position may also support various marketing campaigns for the annual BIO International Convention.
- Develops comprehensive marketing strategies and plans to achieve budgeted event attendance in collaboration with the Managing Director and VP of Marketing.
- Develops and manages production timelines and communications to ensure deadlines are met and successful project execution.
- Oversees core creative development and campaign theme(s) and ensures tactics are implemented as outlined in the marketing plan. This includes direct mail, web advertisements, collateral/brochure materials, flyers, press releases, exhibit plans, etc.
- Manages and works on a regular basis with external design agencies/ printers on design and production.
- Writes copy for collateral/brochure materials and direct marketing and email marketing pieces; this includes significant time spent collecting/synthesizing program content from other databases/sources and preparing it for use by internal staff and/or external vendors and stakeholders.
- Manages marketing budgets and tracks expenses to ensure financial integrity of the marketing program to maximize revenue and achieve revenue goals.
- Manages marketing content on conference websites to drive traffic and engagement to conference websites. Provides analytics using google analytics and other tracking software to measure effectiveness in conversions and goals.
- Develops lead generation (email) campaigns using marketing automation tool, and responsible for developing creative content and driving an opt-ins/engagement.
- Works with the Communications team to develop press releases, blogs and social media content.
- Manages media partnerships with media partners and pursues opportunities for cross-promotion (in industry publications and with BIO membership department).
- Leads BIO meeting presence at industry conferences/exhibitions and develops signage and ensures appropriate marketing/promotion materials are available.
- Supports and understands social and digital strategy and writes copy to support efforts social media marketing channels including videos, blogs, webinars, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc with web and marketing teams.
- Works with Managing Director, Marketing and Digital Marketing Manager to track and assess campaign performance through the collection of Marketo (Automation Tool) and email metrics and maintain google dashboards and other performance reports. Makes recommendations for adjustments or contingencies to the marketing plan at milestone stages of a campaign.
- Works closely with the sales team to develop sales and sponsorship prospectus, drive pipeline through marketing automation (Salesforce) and developing messaging.
- Works with the Corporate Development/Sponsorship Manager to qualify prospective leads, design new sponsorship opportunities, develop customized sponsorship proposals and ensure benefit fulfillment.
OPERATIONS & CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Works with the Operations Logistics Manager on designing the schedule of events, timeline creation, signage, etc.
- Works with Registration Manager to set up the timeline for online registration and provides online content (FAQs) to support customer service.
- Works with the Business Development team to understand the key marketing messages around BIO One-on-One Partnering.
- Participates in pre and post event meetings with BIO staff members to prepare for the event and gathers input on conference strengths and areas for improvement.
Other duties as assigned.
- Independent, organized, resourceful, creative thinker and team player
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to be flexible under pressure
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and databases
- Proficient in email, web, HTML production with an understanding and experience in marketing automation preferred
- Some knowledge of the biotechnology industry, science (biotechnology), the financial industry or investor relations in the health care space is preferred but not required
- College degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or equivalent years of experience
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Experience in a marketing position preferably in an association environment