Manager, Exhibits and Sales Systems
Position Title: Manager, Exhibits and Sales Systems
Department: Sales & Sponsorship
Reports to: Director, Sales & Sponsorship
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The Manager, Exhibits and Sales Systems will be responsible for operations and sales systems management within the Sales & Sponsorship Team at BIO. Main responsibilities will include being the point person for several sales tech systems such as CRM, exhibit floor management, the association management system, project management software, and online advertising platforms. The Manager will be responsible for exhibitor and advertising fulfillment, customer service, space selection process and outreach, as well as lead distribution and sales analytics across BIO’s portfolio of events. Strong communication and customer service skills, attention to detail and ability to succeed in a deadline-driven work environment are essential. Experience in event management and/or sales is a plus. This position works across all departments within BIO to ensure proper execution of the entire sales cycle, from prospecting to onsite logistics to post-event analysis.
- Working knowledge of BIO’s portfolio of events, and the ability to communicate the value proposition associated with exhibiting, sponsoring, or advertising at each event.
- Manage Exhibit/Advertising contract entry, invoicing, and exhibit customer service for BIO events.
- Contribute to revenue generation via direct and indirect contact with potential and current customers (prospecting, cross-selling, etc.).
- Organize, input and “clean" data as necessary within CRM to ensure all records are up-to-date and accurate.
- Analyze and report sales activity as necessary to Director and Vice President.
- Work with the logistics team on sales and exhibition assignments and floor plan layouts to ensure feasibility prior to event and accuracy as floor space is sold.
- Ensure all exhibitors and advertisers have met their financial commitments prior to and after the events, respectively.
- Liaison with marketing and communications teams to ensure advertisers, sponsors, and exhibitors are recognized properly on website, promotional materials and other communications.
- Liaison with marketing and communication on sales related brochures, guides, promotional emails, etc. to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Work with the Director, Sales to compile and analyze data, and provide corresponding insights to internal and external stakeholders (management, key customers, etc)
- Manage status of advertising and exhibitors to outside vendors/consultants as needed
- Work with Operations team on signage, display approvals and other onsite sales needs
- Manage correspondence from customers and respond to or facilitate calls for the appropriate staff person
- Manage BIO sales teams’ online platforms as necessary (sponsorship, exhibits, advertising page/s of BIO website, social media accounts, etc)
- Other tasks as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite; advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel a plus
- Familiarity with CRM databases and/or sales automation products (Personify, project management software, Map Your Show, Salesforce, etc)
- Excellent communications skills – written and verbal (face to face, telephone and, e-mail)
- High-energy team player and quick learner able to multi-task and prioritize
- College degree or equivalent years of experience
- 5 years of related work experience
- Customer service and/or sales experience required
- Non-profit or membership organization experience a plus
- Ability to travel as needed (15% of the time)