Manager, Office Operations
Position Title: Manager, Office Operations
Department: Finance and Administration
Reports to: Managing Director, Facilities & Office Operations
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Managing Director of Facilities/Office Operations with the day to day office responsibilities and supervision of operations support staff. This includes development, implementation and enforcement of policies and procedures for BIO’s office operations.
1. Manage, coordinate and monitor the day to day activities of the Office Operations Specialist and Office Operations Assistant ensuring all responsibilities are performed according to the policies and procedures set forth within the department.
2. Coach, mentor and develop staff, including addressing performance issues, providing positive recognition and training opportunities as required. Provide regular communication, updates and feedback to Managing Director of Facilities and Operations on all activities within the department.
3. Assist in the administration of BIO’s conference room reservation system and Meeting Room Manager (MRM) which include training, daily monitoring for accuracy and troubleshooting.
4. Responsible for assisting and working with internal staff, outside vendors and Managing Director of Facilities and Operations on special conference room requests, office events and parties as needed.
5. Responsible for coordination and assisting support staff with office setups for BIO employees.
6. Assist the Managing Director of Facilities and Office Operations with facility management ensuring that the office is operating efficiently, and that office related changes or issues and employee requests are addressed timely. This includes reporting issues to the property manager through the electronic service request as needed.
7. Serve as a liaison for vendors and manage the following programs: business cards, shredding, conference calls, and shipping.
8. Manage and maintain inventory as well as make approved purchases of office supplies and stationery in accordance with purchasing policies and operations approved budgets.
9. Maintain BIO’s office supply requisition intranet program. Ensure that program accurately reflects BIO’s office supply vendor’s core list. Responsible for fulfilling all staff supply requests. Approve and properly code each invoice to the correct general ledger accounts.
10. Assist with training BIO staff on the proper use of the mailing equipment and/or any facility related systems or programs.
11. Manage BIO’s lighting inventory with the approval of the Managing Director of Facilities/Office Operations.
12. Manage current security and safety practices, as well as develop and recommend additional programs. Responsible for implementing approved new programs. Secondary contact for BIO’s security systems which includes ensuring equipment is functioning properly.
13. Perform facilities on-boarding for new employees.
14. Maintain BIO’s contact list for emergency texts, including drafting and sending texts and updating internal systems as needed.
15. Serve as back-up to operations support staff as needed.
16. Assist Managing Director, Facilities & Office Operations with other projects and tasks, as requested.
Exceptional verbal & written communications.
Flexible work schedule
Exceptional Multi-tasking skills.
Computer literate specifically MS Word, MS Outlook and MS Excel
Working knowledge of office practices and procedures.
Good planning and organization skills.
Well-developed interpersonal and communications skills.
Ability to lift approximately 50 – 100 lbs.
Must have 5 years general office operations related experience.
3+ years of prior management experience.
College degree Required.
Knowledge of Microsoft environment.