Position Title: Marketing Coordinator
Department: Marketing and Customer Experience
Reports To: Senior Manager, Digital Marketing
Primary Purpose of the Position:
This primary purpose of this position is the responsibility of providing marketing support and coordination for BIO’s global portfolio of events, conferences, and training programs. This position coordinates all aspects of event marketing including print and digital campaigns and material, website updates, and in-kind partner fulfillment.
- Website Content: Maintain web site content for BIO events and services in compliance with bio.org guidelines.
- Media Partner Contracts and Fulfillment: Serve as primary point of contact for effectively managing in-kind media partnerships related to BIO’s business development and investor events. Responsible for negotiating agreements, fulfilment and execution of deliverables (ad placements, digital assets, email promotion, on-site participation, exhibition and table top displays, etc.), and tracking metrics for partner performance.
- Marketing Materials: Assist with the development of electronic and printed marketing materials supporting BIO’s conferences and training programs including brochures, onsite program guides, electronic collateral, signage and promotional materials. This position will also serve as the point of contact for sponsored and event-specific production items such as bags, lanyards, etc. Includes pricing estimates and samples, approvals, timeline, ordering process and vendor fulfillment.
- Social Media: Support social media marketing campaigns and analyze performance.
- Marketo: Create landing pages and build email programs, opt-in campaigns, and analytical tracking programs.
- Digital and Print: Coordinate and assist in production of Convention related assets including BIO Buzz Show Daily, myBIO, program guides, etc. Prepare pre- and post-show event materials including: attendee surveys and summaries, ROI reports, errata sheets, etc.
- Giveaways: Primary contact for BIO branded giveaways. Support department needs, order inventory in a timely manner, log & fulfill requests, monitor stock and maintain budget.
- Onsite Marketing: Provide onsite support for BIO events as needed, including content creation for BIO blog, live tweeting, event setup, and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Deadlines and Calendar: Serve as the marketing team’s Wrike Coordinator for Business Development and Investor event portfolio and other projects not limited to Media Partners, Show Daily, Digital Daily, and Executive Training Courses. Set deadlines and milestones for projects and their specific tasks, update status and develop lessons learned.
- Other projects as assigned by department.
- The candidate must have experience executing digital marketing and social media campaigns.
- The candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Web publishing tools including proficiency in basic HTML and CSS, and the ability to identify, troubleshoot and correct HTML issues across multiple publishing platforms and browsers.
- The candidate must have experience creating and editing content in a content management system (Drupal and WordPress preferred).
- Basic experience with Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite, or other graphic creation/modification tools.
- Experience with database management tools a plus (Salesforce preferred, but not required).
- Experience with marketing automation tools (Marketo preferred, but not required), or willingness to learn, especially as it relates to landing page creation, email programs, opt-in campaigns, lead generation, and analytics tracking.
- The candidate must have the ability to assume responsibilities with minimal direction or supervision, to exercise good judgment in making decisions within the scope of the position’s requirements. In addition, the candidate must have effective organizational skills, and possess exceptional initiative and judgment.
- The candidate must demonstrate proven ability and dedication to meet deadlines.
- The candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills and a strong attention to detail.
- The candidate must be dependable, punctual, and a team player.
- The candidate must also be willing to travel within the U.S. and internationally as required.
- The candidate must possess a B.A. or B.S. degree with at least 3 years of related work experience; a science or marketing concentration is a plus.