BIO One-on-One Partnering
BIO One-on-One Partnering™ is the most cost-effective, efficient way to make valuable connections in the biotech and pharma industry without traveling the world.
With BIO One-on-One Partnering, you can communicate directly with prospective biotech investors and senior business and scientific management executives attending BIO’s events. You can invite companies and accept invitations to meet, and once your meetings are mutually accepted, BIO does the scheduling for you.
BIO's partnering system also has a built-in business development management tool called Partneringplace, provided by Inova Software. Partneringplace allows you to collaborate securely and confidentially with your colleagues to select and prepare for meetings at BIO events and other conferences, and manage the follow-up to your meetings after the event ends. Exchange notes, assign tasks, generate meeting minutes, organize emails and documents, and view your history from other BIO branded conferences to make your partnering experience like no other.
In addition to BIO’s portfolio of events, the BIO One-on-One Partnering system can be used at the following industry events:
- JPM (the partnering ecosystem surrounding the J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference)
- The Sofinnova Japan Biopharma Partnering Conference
- Lyon Biopole partnering events
- Business France’s MedStartUp
5 Tips for Successful Partnering
- Fill out your company profile, focusing on the opportunities you have to offer other companies.
- Mark when you are available to take meetings on your partnering calendar. Make as much time available as you can. When participating in BIO meetings, you can plan your educational programming and company presentation schedule in the partnering system as well.
- Search for companies you would like to meet, or collaborate with your team to do so via Partneringplace, and send them tailored meeting requests. You can continue to message companies after the conference as well as manage your business development activities.
- Accept, reject or otherwise manage your incoming meetings requests, or do so collaboratively with your team.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 every few days since new companies join and send requests regularly.
BONUS TIP: Partner like a champion. Manage your team’s partnering workflow, information and documentation in Partneringplace, a year-round solution seamlessly integrated with BIO’s partnering system.
Partnering questions? We're here to help.
- Email: BIOpartnering@bio.org
- Phone: 866-356-5155 (US) or +1-202-962-6666 (Int'l)
- Looking for a tutorial on how to use the partnering system? Check out our Partnering Resources page.
“BIO’s partnering system has dramatically increased the effectiveness of our event. It is a great system that continues to increase the number of partnering meetings and Japanese partnership opportunities at our conference every year. It is very easy to use.”
- Goro Takeda, Venture Partner, Sofinnova Ventures