We are living in an uncertain world, desperate to find solutions and feel safe again. The biotech industry has been working overtime, pushing the boundaries of science to discover vaccines, treatments and new modes of reliable testing.
You’ve seen and heard national experts at the epicenter of vaccine development talk about progress. Now, BIO Digital 2020 will convene these experts to talk about their one mission – to combat COVID-19. Anthony Fauci, M.D., National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director and Moncef Slaoui, Ph.D., U.S. Operation Warp Speed Head Chief Advisor will take the stage as part of a special three-part plenary, sponsored by Johnson & Johnson, exploring the swift response from the industry to develop a vaccine against an unknown pathogen while facing challenges of manufacturing scale-up and global implementation.
Newly appointed BIO President & CEO Michelle McMurry-Heath, M.D., Ph.D., joins BIO Chairman of the Board Jeremy Levin, and outgoing CEO and industry champion Jim Greenwood to kick-off four days of deep dive discussions on how the biotech sector is rising to meet the greatest public health challenge in a century.
While we are all committed to battling COVID-19, we must also continue our unwavering efforts around other important innovations for the sake of patients everywhere. Throughout BIO Digital Week, there will be a range of inspiring sessions covering patient advocacy, digital health, infectious diseases, cell and gene therapies, business development and finance, oncology and more on the latest therapeutic advancements in healthcare. Top speakers include:
- Mandy Bazile, Director, Government Affairs, Public Policy & Reimbursement, Genentech
- Sharon Chan, MBA, MPH, D. Phil, Head of JLABS @ Shanghai, Johnson & Johnson Innovation
- Julie Gerberding, M.D., MPH, Executive Vice President & Chief Patient Officer, Merck & Co
- Richard Hatchett, M.D., Chief Executive Officer, Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations
- Stephen Hahn, M.D., FDA Commissioner
- William Hait, M.D., Ph.D., Global Head, Johnson & Johnson External Innovation
- Natalie Holles, Chief Executive Officer, Audentes, an Astellas Company
- Julie Kim, President, Plasma-Derived Therapeutics Business Unit, Takeda
- Peter Lee, Corporate Vice President, Microsoft Healthcare
- Heidi Marchand, PharmD, RPh, Global Head, Regulatory Policy and Intelligence, Gilead Sciences
- Peter Marks, M.D., Ph.D., Director, FDA Center for Biologics Evaluation & Research
- Harlan Robins, Ph.D., Chief Scientific Officer, Co-Founder, Adaptive Biotechnologies
- James Sabry, M.D., Ph.D., Global Head, Pharma Partnering, Roche
- George Scangos, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer and Director, Vir Biotechnology, Inc.
- Bill Sibold, Executive Vice President, Genzyme Corporation, a Sanofi Company
- Bob Smith, Senior Vice President, Global Gene Therapy Business, Rare Disease, Global Innovation Pharma, Pfizer, Inc.
- George Yancopoulos, M.D., Ph.D., Co-Founder, President & Chief Scientific Officer, Regeneron
Other activities you don’t want to miss include checking out the finalists for Start-Up Stadium, the BioGENEius Challenge, and the Academic Campus for universities, research institutes and hospitals. Learn more about all that’s happening at BIO Digital here.
Time is still left to register for BIO Digital to have access to educational programming, BIO One-on-One Partnering, on-demand company presentations, and more. COVID-19 plenary sessions will be aired later, free of cost to the public. Complimentary media registration to the event is available to editors and reporters working full time for print, broadcast or web publications with valid press credentials.