Who we are: Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) is the world's largest trade association representing biotechnology companies, academic institutions, state biotechnology centers and related organizations across the United States and in more than 30 other nations.
BIO members are involved in the research and development of innovative healthcare, agricultural, industrial, and environmental biotechnology products. BIO also produces the BIO International Convention, the world’s largest gathering of the biotechnology industry, along with industry-leading investor and partnering meetings held around the world.
BIO also works towards enriching the industry with networking, partnering and education opportunities. We organize the BIO International Convention, the global event for biotechnology, along with many other industry-leading investor and partnering events held around the world. Arguably the industry’s leading partnering software, BIO One-on-One Partnering™ facilitates 50,000 face-to-face meetings each year among investors, biotechs, pharmaceutical companies, academic institutions, and non-profits at live events.
Who you are: You are a proven People leader, who is passionate about driving business success through the lens of people. You are passionate about personal growth and development and you invest in your own team and champion the same across the whole organization. You are experienced, confident, and versed in the fundamentals but humble enough to ask for help and input when you need it. You demonstrate extreme discretion and quickly build and maintain trust across the organization. You lead with emotional intelligence and drive yourself and others to make a measurable impact.
Where you fit in: This is a new role reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, leading a small team of People professionals providing support across all facets of the organization.
What you will do: This role is comprised of both critical strategic components that require planning, analysis, and leadership to facilitate as well as the core operational fundamentals that require extreme accuracy and flawless delivery.
- Develop, promote, and implement a People Strategy aligned to the organization’s current needs and future growth objectives.
- Responsible for developing and owning the annual functional budget to deliver on the core objectives for the People function.
- Partner with the members of the executive and leadership team to execute and support organizational design and strategic management processes, including hiring, succession planning & promotion, professional development, and training.
- Create new and maintain existing programs that drive Employee Engagement through onboarding programs, rewards, recognition, and overseeing the internal employee event planning committee.
- Partner with the leadership team to drive the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion strategy.
- Oversee the payroll, timekeeping, and leave processes across the organization.
- Deliver an exceptional Employee Relations and Compliance program supporting employees and all members of the leadership team.
- Responsible for all aspects of compliance including the Affirmative Action Plan, Employee Handbook, various reporting obligations, and required legal notifications and submissions.
- Employee Experience – You will own the critical process related to the attraction, selection, onboarding, and offboarding of talent needs across the organization, ensuring that the quality and levels of talent are aligned with the forecasting and organizational needs.
- Benefits – You will be responsible for delivering and supporting all aspects of the BIO Benefits offering, including but not limited to the following areas:
- Stewardship, development, and adjustments to the suite of benefits offered.
- Annual plan renewal process and contribution strategy
- Benefits administration for onboarding, offboarding and COBRA
- Seamless and accurate tracking and delivery of various mandatory benefit provisions
- Champion, drive and refine the ongoing performance management and compensation processes.
- Provide consulting for personnel matters as they arise.
- Adept at coaching and influencing all levels of the organization.
What you will bring:
- 15+ years of related experience, including the leadership and development of human resources staff.
- Experience with compensation and benefits aspect of human resources with proven success metrics.
- Have solid communication and time management skills.
- Experience with ownership and administration of HCM’s such as ADP WorkforceNow is preferred
- SHRM-CP or S/PHR certification is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business administration, or related field is required, a master’s degree is preferred.
- Experience leading Human Resources for an industry association or other not-for-profit organization is preferred.