Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) is the world’s largest advocacy association representing member companies, state biotechnology groups, academic and research institutions, and related organizations across the United States and in 30+ countries. BIO members are involved in the research and development of innovative healthcare, agricultural, industrial, and environmental biotechnology products. BIO also produces the BIO International Convention, the world’s largest gathering of the biotechnology industry, along with industry-leading investor and partnering meetings held around the world.
The primary purpose of this position is to process accounts payable transactions.
- Review accounts payable invoices, purchase orders and expense reports for proper documentation and approvals.
- Responsible for coding and entering accounts payable transactions for the Finance/Accounting Department in accounting software system in accordance with Organization policy.
- Manage the accounts payable workflows within Concur for expense reports and invoices.
- Review and set up purchase orders for BIO contracts.
- Troubleshoot all problem invoices and expense reports. Maintain a system to follow up with staff, vendors, and others necessary to address outstanding issues. Report issues/problems timely to supervisor. Make timely determination as to when assistance is needed.
- Assist with the processing of ACH’s and checks for distribution.
- Maintaining all vendor files.
- Assist with the processing of the annual 1099s.
- Support management by providing timely and accurate payments and account standing analysis as required.
- Assist the Director of Accounts Payable with monthly closings
- Assist with the annual audit process as needed
- Responsible for the preparation of the monthly sales & use tax returns.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of employee receivables.
- At the direction of the Director, Accounts Payable to maintain systems and controls appropriate to the accounts payable area, which verify the integrity of all systems, processes, and data.
- Work on special projects, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Background, EDUCATION, and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 1-3 years of hands-on accounting related work experience.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative cross functional environment.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines independently.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Experience using Concur for Expense and Invoicing.
- Sage Intacct experience.