Primary Purpose of the Position:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide administrative support to the Vice President, Agriculture and Environment Section as well as general management of the section. This support includes assistance with day-to-day activities along with management of the Section’s membership with regards to working groups and its Governing Board. Additionally, this position is also responsible for attending listening sessions on behalf of the section and writing memorandums as needed.
Support VP and Departmental Administrative Duties
- Create and track contracts for the AES.
- Process and track invoices for the AES and support the VP through the budgeting process.
- Complete the VP’s expense reports (if needed).
- Support the AES VP in drafting letters and other communications.
- Help book VP’s travel and conference registrations.
- Assist in scheduling and updating meetings for both the departmental and VP’s calendar.
- Attend conferences on behalf of the AES and provide read-outs to relevant AES staff.
- Serve as the Compliance Coordinator for the AES team.
- Maintain AES Departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) document.
- Maintain the departmental conference calendar tracker.
- Manage weekly staff meetings.
- Manage subscription renewals.
- Update AES Membership documents including member company lists, in coordination with BIO’s Membership Department. Work with membership team to recruit new members to the AES.
Support BIO Strategic Objectives and Cross-functional Execution
- Work with organization leads to schedule team meetings and cross-functional workstreams.
- Manage and distribute agenda’s and supporting materials for team meetings.
- Manage Team channels in Microsoft Teams.
Membership and Working Group Duties
- Ensure the AES Working Group SOP is up-to-date and accessible.
- Coordinate with BIO Staff lead to schedule monthly working group calls and distribute agendas and relevant materials to working groups.
- Maintain working group rosters and distribution lists including Fonteva records. Coordinate efforts with BIO’s Membership Department.
- Participate in all Working Group and Committee calls and send correspondence as necessary.
- Assist with outreach to new AES member companies including company footprint and working group participation.
- Maintain the AES Committee Description document.
BIO Board of Directors Duties
- Maintain Governing Board Management SOP.
- Maintain ShareVault records including current BIO Board materials, archived materials, users, and groups.
- Manage Governing Board rosters including internal contact lists, Fonteva, and Outlook distributions lists.
- Serve as the primary contact for Board related scheduling, material management, and meeting logistics.
- Track attendance and keep minutes for all Board meetings.
- Draft meeting agendas and prepare Board books for all meetings.
- Work with BIO’s Legal team to ensure the AES Governing Board meetings are accurately reflected on the Calendar at a Glance as well as any relevant SOE’s.
- Serve as a point of contact for any questions regarding the BIO AES By-laws.
- Work with relevant staff to ensure the AESGB is accurately represented and informed of Full Board meetings.
General AES Conference Duties
- Help select and carry out administrative duties for BIO events with an AES focus or participation.
- Attend weekly planning meetings and coordinate with AES VP for relevant updates and report-outs.
- Help manage the AES department conference budget.
- Work with conference managers to recruit speakers, provide relevant information to speakers, and send thank you notes.
- Help prepare pre-conference and run-of-show memos.
- Provide on-site support as needed.
- Prepare on-site binder for AES VP including membership meeting memos, speaker run sheets, and introductory comments.
- Help coordinate logistics for department in-person meetings or receptions.
Education and Experience:
- College degree or equivalent years of work experience.
- At least 3 years in the workforce.
- Some knowledge of science and biology, and public policy or the management of conferences is helpful.
- Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and other basic computer skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- General Database management
- Ability to organize meetings and conference calls
- Good communication and writing skills