The Coordinator, Database and Applications acts as a technical liaison between the IT department and Event Operations, BIO Committee Managers, and the Membership Teams. This position supports the Database and Applications Team and participates in projects and activities related to those systems.
• Create and maintain event setups in Fonteva/SFDC for conference registrations run through the Fonteva/SFDC Database and external vendors
• Work with the DB and Apps lead to train BIO staff on BIO’s AMS and related systems
• Work with Membership department in ensuring BIO’s data entry rules are followed (data integrity) and documented and follow up with end users as necessary (educational opportunities).
• Work with BIO’s DB and Apps lead using backend DB cleanup tools (Validity, D&B, etc.,) to proactively clean up BIO’s data.
• Using reports from DB cleanup tools, work with BIO staff to ensure data rules are being followed to keep BIO’s data accurate and up to date.
• Provide basic Data Analyzer and Conga reports to BIO staff
• Responsible for Basic Fonteva/SFDC administrative duties (event setup, security, user maintenance, etc.)
• Assist BIO staff in producing lists/segmentation of AMS contacts for use through various tools including but not limited to Outlook, Marketo, and others.
• Assist Event Ops/Meeting Managers in exporting registration reports as needed for special reports and final post show database
• Act as first level customer support to internal BIO staff that are assisting stakeholder individuals interfacing with BIO’s DB systems.
• Monitor and maintain the DB Help email box and deliver Level 1 support on database issues to internal BIO staff. Will escalate items as needed to the rest of the DB team.
• Create and maintain documentation and SOPs regarding BIO’s AMS and other web related applications for both internal IT Department use as well as general BIO staff use
• Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED BACKGROUND AND SKILLS:
• Comfortable with database and web applications
• Experience with reporting tools
• Ability to multi-task
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 Applications
Education and Experience Required:
• High School Diploma -- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
• Previous experience working with AMS (Fonteva preferred)
• Familiar with relational database structure and/or applications (Fonteva/SFDC preferred)