- Coordinator, Science & Regulatory, Infectious Disease
- In Health Policy-Science & Regulatory department
- Reports to Vice President, Infectious Disease
- Full-time position
Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) is the world’s largest advocacy association representing member companies, state biotechnology groups, academic and research institutions, and related organizations across the United States and in 30+ countries. BIO members are involved in the research and development of innovative healthcare, agricultural, industrial, and environmental biotechnology products. BIO also produces the BIO International Convention, the world’s largest gathering of the biotechnology industry, along with industry-leading investor and partnering meetings held around the world.
This position will provide administrative support and coordination for the Science and Regulatory Team and the Infectious Disease Team. This position will also include responsibilities that pertain to supporting workstreams and projects for these teams, as well as maintaining financial information.
- Manage calendars and travel for the Vice President for Science and Regulatory Affairs and the Vice President for Infectious Disease including arranging meetings, booking accommodations and submitting expense reports.
- Provide logistical support (scheduling meetings, reserving conference rooms, procuring catering, coordination with BIO Operations team, communicating with attendees and preparing meeting materials) for Science and Regulatory Affairs and Infectious Disease in-person meetings hosted with members and external stakeholders.
- Act as primary contact for external communications, answering telephone calls and e-mail, triaging requests for calls/meetings, and directing requests to the appropriate staff.
- Act as department Compliance Coordinator, including maintaining the digital shared drive, paper files and department workroom.
- Coordinate department-wide meetings, action items, goals and recurring tasks.
- Maintain Board- and Staff-level committee distribution lists and rosters in BIO’s databases, including Fonteva, Salesforce, Outlook, Excel, Share Vault and any other locations.
- Provide support for BIO Board- and Staff-level committees, including the drafting of email communications. Serve as point of contact for questions regarding Board-level events and meetings. Prepare RSVP lists and name cards, and take notes as needed.
- Provide policy research and writing support on various science and regulatory affairs and infectious disease projects and issues as needed.
- Coordinate the development of meeting materials for policy meetings. Attend external meetings as needed.
- Process and maintain full and accurate records of accounting-related documents, including contracts, invoices, expense reports and check requests.
- Liaise with external vendors as needed and assist BIO staff in tracking expenditures throughout the year.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Background and skills
- High organizational skills, ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Flexible, customer-service oriented and a team player
- Demonstrated exceptional initiative and pro-active self-starter
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in healthcare policy issues
- High level of professionalism and experience handling sensitive information
- Knowledge of general office procedures and software (proficiency in Microsoft environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Adobe Acrobat; experience with Salesforce, Access or other database software a plus
- College degree or equivalent years of experience
- 3+ years of experience in an office environment, prior administrative role a plus, prior work with trade association or healthcare industry also a plus
- Willingness to travel on occasion (<5%)