BIO Professional Development
Through a curated network of education alliance partners, BIO offers industry professionals executive training and development resources for accelerating career growth
06/03/2023 - 06/04/2023 | 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EDT
Raising Early Capital and Retaining Ownership
"Raising Early Capital and Retaining Ownership" is a first-of-its-kind course to teach biotech entrepreneurs how to level the playing field when getting their company off the ground. It is designed for first-time CEOs who want to know the ropes on how to start a company, serial CEOs who have never started a company without venture capital on board from the outset, scientific inventors who want to play an important role in the realization of their innovation, and those who want to know what it takes to successfully navigate the company creation maze.
Through Locust Walk’s tested experience, we will show participants how to prioritize the right application for a technology, spin a prioritization decision into a cohesive story, solicit strategic partners, and approach institutional investors to both capitalize the company and maximize value for all stakeholders. This course will be held in person, June 3-4, 2023, in Boston, Mass.
- Prioritizing the technology’s applications and building the business plan
- Developing the story and strategy
- Raising capital from institutional investors
- Integrating strategic partnering into the strategy
Interested in only registering for an in-person course in Boston? For course-only registration instructions, email: email@example.com
Instructors (click photos to view bios)
- How to achieve the skills needed to transform technology and invention into a well-capitalized company
- How to develop the tools to learn how to “play the game” to maximize ownership and control through Series A
Download Course Syllabus
2023 Agenda: Raising Early Capital and Retaining Ownership
- Attend the entire in-person course
- Complete course evaluation within two weeks of the course end date
Learn the core elements of revenue forecasting.
Learn about the science driving today’s hottest biopharma innovations including CRISPR, CAR-T, gene therapy, and much more...
Gain a systematic approach to producing a valuation that can be used in investment rounds, mergers/acquisitions, licensing deals or strategic development decisions in the pharma-biotech world...
Explore a broad range of issues faced by entrepreneurs from the managerial, scientific, and academic communities...