Primary Purpose of the Position:
The primary purpose of this position is to oversee all functions of the Accounts Receivable process, perform financial analysis, and administer several Accounts Receivable software systems.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Coordinator of Accounts Receivable, including reviewing day to day tasks, provide feedback, professional development, and performance reviews.
- Oversee the processing and application of payments received from multiple bank accounts and ensure proper posting to several software systems. Payments include checks, credit cards, wires, and ACH’s.
- Process all receipts for the BIO PAC, including credit cards, checks and PayPal contributions.
- Process all receipts for Affiliate companies, including checks and wires/ACH’s, as well as prepare invoices and reconcile accounts receivable.
- Assist with handling inquiries from cardholders and processing institutions about charges and chargebacks. Manage all aspects of credit card merchant accounts.
- Liaise with both BIO staff and external customers to address questions on cash receipts.
- Create orders as needed for special projects and various departments.
- Manage revenue recognition for incoming payments to ensure it is recognized appropriately in the respective software system for BIO and Affiliate companies.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls appropriate to accounts receivable, ensuring the integrity of all systems, processes, and data.
- Assist with implementation and testing of new programs and software, streamlining processes and upgrades.
- Participate in a variety of special projects and compile reports, as appropriate.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for all accounts receivable, deferred revenue, revenue, unapplied cash receipts, and overpayment credit accounts for BIO and Affiliate companies.
- Conduct an annual internal audit of the exhibits, sponsorship, and registration area for the annual convention. In addition, conduct internal audits for the membership area as needed.
- Work closely with the various departmental staff on tracking and collection of all receivables, including advertising, membership, sponsorship, exhibits, registration, and special projects.
- Assist with annual audits of BIO and Affiliate companies.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by management.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Proficient in accounts receivable and general accounting principles, including an understanding of the general ledger and structure.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather and analyze information effectively.
- Proficient in using computers, especially in Excel and PC-based Accounting Software Systems, including Sage Intacct and Salesforce.
- Strong organizational skills, with exceptional attention to detail to ensure all transactions are processed correctly and accurately.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and use time efficiently.
- Ability to work as a team member and/or leader, as well as independently.
- Ability to work directly with all levels of leadership.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
6-8 years of hands-on Accounts Receivable experience
Coordinator, Accounts Receivable
Candidates should be aware that BIO currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date BIO is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.