Primary Purpose of the Position:
BIO seeks a leader to assist in building an integrated branding and marketing campaign. Candidate should be a creative storyteller with experience directing, managing and measuring multi-year initiatives that are designed to better tell the story of how biotechnology is helping to heal, fuel and feed the world. This individual will develop a deep understanding of BIO’s many stakeholders and their perspectives. Then will use that understanding to create and execute an integrated branding/marketing effort that incorporates these voices into a cohesive and coordinated narrative. This role will help oversee content creation, Communications/PR, and Member/Stakeholder Engagement.
Brand Strategy & Management:
- Serve as brand champion and leader of brand management for BIO
- Direct strategy and brand vision with senior leadership and internal stakeholders
- Ensure brand guidelines and usage are in line with policy and legal compliance in partnership with the Office of the General Counsel.
- Provide art direction for BIO-wide campaign projects. Evaluate creative work. Advise and provide direction to team members, collaborating in the design and content creation process
- Conceptualize and/or produce or supervise production of a wide range of collateral projects (print and digital) including but not limited to brochures, flyers, presentation graphics, signage, social media graphics, video and photography. Make modifications and suggestions to ensure materials are of highest quality and greatest appeal
- Work closely with our Government Relations, Advocacy, Conference, Member Relations, Public Affairs, Marketing and Communications teams on integrated campaign strategies and execution.
- Develop, execute and disseminate a comprehensive, data-driven branding campaign that both ties together our narrative and brings to life the amazing work happening in labs across the country.
- Build a base of advocates that can help tell BIO’s story to key stakeholders by assisting in the development of impactful collaborations through grassroot projects, events, and digital and print opportunities.
Digital and Campaign Content
- Create impactful content across different mediums, including our Web and social media platforms, mobile applications, video, earned media and events.
- Leverage brand research and audience insights to identify, develop, strengthen and evolve brand identity across platforms
- Translate brand strategies into creative storytelling and engagement campaigns across multiple media platforms
- Leverage stakeholder insights to develop campaigns designed to capture the amazing work being done by companies and scientists around the world.
- Help create a cohesive and coordinated branding campaign across BIO’s various advocacy, business and event operations, including art direction when needed.
- Organize events in key biotechnology hub cities around the country to build excitement and momentum for the program.
- Manage and maintain the performance and deliverables of third-party vendors/and or freelance contributors
- Monitor projects and make recommendations about vendor relationships to best meet the need of stakeholders
- Communicate concepts, ideas, vision into actionable assignments and project guidelines for appropriate staff
- Assist in the development of staff knowledge and skill sets to provide the most advantageous mix to meet current project deliverables
Departmental Team Leadership
- Manage budget development/ resource allocations for brand and creative services
- 8+ years of marketing, campaign, events or related experience.
- College degree or equivalent years of experience.
- Experience leading multi-agency campaigns required.
- Agency, or related experience, preferred.
- Multi-channel campaign experience required.
- Ability to excel both developing strategy and rolling up your sleeves to get the job done
- Experience managing full spectrum of brand campaigns - including development, execution, and measuring impact.
- Strong team leadership, with experience and managing internal and external teams
- Ability to present concepts and plans to senior leadership as well as key internal and external stakeholders.