Around the World in 5 Days at BIO Digital
The COVID-19 pandemic has brought into sharp relief how interconnected global biotech R&D has become, and how critical cross-border collaborations are. Register for BIO Digital, June 8-12, to find out how an already fast globalizing ecosystem is being affected and changed by recent developments.
BIO Digital Week will bring together global biotech leaders from 60 countries for five days of business development and premier educational content, including international perspectives that address the most pressing issues facing our sector.
Tuesday, June 9 | 8:30 AM - 9:55 AM PDT
Sponsored by Amgen
The COVID-19 pandemic is creating unprecedented healthcare challenges. Accordingly, there is a need for greater global collaboration and communication among researchers, healthcare systems, government agencies, NGOs, and the public at large. This panel will address how governments and the global biotech sector need to collaborate to combat the current pandemic and facilitate vaccines and treatments.
- Dr. Ami Appelbaum, Chairman of the Board, Israel Innovation Authority and Chief Scientist, Ministry of Economy and Finance, Israel
- Steve Bates, Chief Executive Officer, UK BioIndustry Association (BIA)
- Christophe Bourdon, Vice President and General Manger, Oncology (US operations), Amgen Inc.
- Honorable Greg Hunt, Minister of Health, Australia
- Her Excellency Agnès Pannier-Runacher, Secretary of State to the Minister of Economy and Finance, France
- Chris Smith, Virologist and Podcast Host, The Naked Scientist (Moderator)
Monday, June 8 | 9:00 AM - 9:55 AM PDT
Thanks to the incredible biomedical innovation taking place today, COVID-19 will hopefully soon be a thing of the past. However, the strain on resources due to the pandemic will be felt by healthcare systems across the globe for years to come. How will countries respond to this new reality to ensure patients maintain access to the latest biotech innovations?
- Fabian Berkemeier, Director, Value and Access Strategy, IGES Institut GmbH
- Helen Chen, Greater China Managing Partner, L.E.K. Consulting, LLC
- Alan Eisenberg, Vice President, Global Government Relations and Public Policy, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Stefan Neudoerfer, Senior Director, Head Market Access Europe, CSL Behring
- Patty Wu, Vice President and Managing Director, Crowell and Moring International (Moderator)
Monday, June 8 | 12:00 PM - 12:55 PM PDT
In responding to the COVID-19 pandemic, many governments have placed export and other trade restrictions on medical supplies and resources. The panel will explore how governments can better ensure supply chain integrity and resilience to address current pandemic challenges as well as long-term public health preparedness.
- Wendy Cutler, Vice President and Managing Director, Washington, D.C. Office, Asia Society Policy Institute
- Jeff May, Vice President, Global Public Policy, Merck & Co., Inc.
- Scott Paul, President, Alliance for American Manufacturing
- Brian Pomper, Partner, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP (Moderator)
- Keith Rockwell, Director, Information and External Relations Division and Spokesman, World Trade Organization (WTO)
Learn more about the global biotech industry by exploring presentations highlighting the great innovation being done around the world. These presentations feature specific initiatives at the national or supra-national level to support biotechnology innovation.
Note these on-demand presentations will be available for 30 days after BIO Digital ends and are included as part of "Company Presentations" online.