Catch Up on BIO Digital Week
As we near the end of the first-ever BIO Digital Week, we’re humbled by an outpouring of positive feedback from our attendees, sponsors, and participants. It’s been an exciting few days packed with heavy-hitting conversations about how the COVID pandemic has made a permanent impact on the environment of our industry in a matter of a few months.
While we weren’t able to gather in person this year, your participation and involvement in education sessions and BIO One-on-One Partnering™ has proven that Nothing Stops Innovation. Collaboration is critical to overcoming the pandemic, and organizations like yours are uniting to drive solutions for the health of the global population.
We encourage you to continue educating yourself and engaging in discussions among your peers. If you didn’t get a chance during the week, catch up on the incredible content available on-demand.
All content from BIO Digital Week will be available until July 11, so watch or revisit sessions at your convenience. Browse featured sessions by topic area:
Business Development and Partnerships
Sponsored by Samsung Biologics
Did you get a chance to watch company presentations this week? This year we had more than ever before with 340+ presentations. You can filter your search easily across 25+ “Main Therapeutic Focus” areas to find the companies worth considering for BIO One-on-One Partnering meetings, still active through the end of the day on Friday, June 12.
Here are three companies to watch:
Business Development and Finance Sessions
- Many Happy Returns: Federal Labs as Commercialization Partners
- The Business of Innovation: Evolving Models for Life Science Startups to Drive Efficiency and Maximize Value
- Redefining BioPharma in a Female-Forward World
- View all
Investment Opportunities and Start-Ups
Did you know BIO Digital attracted more investor participants than ever before? Here are a few sessions that covered the investment landscape, and three can’t miss start-up pitches.
Sessions on the Current Investment Climate
- State of Emerging Therapeutic Company Investment, Deal-making, and Pipeline
- Investors Corner: Digital Health Funding Outlook - Raising Money During Economic Uncertainty
- Drug Re-Purposing for New Treatments of Rare Diseases: The Academic, Biotech, and Investor perspective
With attendees from 64 countries, there was no shortage of global perspective at BIO Digital. Take a look at the featured sessions below and hear from thought leaders from around the world on key industry issues.
Global Innovation Hubs: Why You Should Invest in these Regions
- France, Presented by Ambassador of France to the United States, Philippe Etienne
- Ontario, Canada, Presented by Ontario’s Minister of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade, Vic Fedeli
- The Netherlands, Presented by Clémence Ross-van Dorp, Ambassador National Action Program “New Opportunities for Top Sector Life Sciences & Health”, Dutch Ministries of Economic Affairs & Climate Policy and Health, Welfare & Sports
International Industry Collaboration
- International Plenary Session: How are Global Leaders Collaborating to Combat the Pandemic? Sponsored by Amgen
- Global Patient Advocacy in the COVID Era: What Is the Future of Patient Advocacy around the World? Sponsored by Merck & Co., Inc.
- Why Patents Still Matter: Building Your Patent Portfolio for Global Collaborations
Telehealth and remote diagnostics are rapidly changing how clinical trials and healthcare take place. Learn what’s happening at the frontiers of digital health through these sessions:
- Digitizing the Genome: Enabling New Models for Population-Scale Genomics
- The Bio Revolution: Innovations transforming economies, societies, and our lives
- Where Did All The Humans Go: Intellectual Property for AI
- View the full list of on-demand digital health sessions here and here.
COVID-19 and Beyond
The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed the landscape of the biotechnology industry. We convened leaders from around the world to discuss the current state of therapeutics, diagnostics, and vaccines, and what the outlook is moving forward.
- [3-Part Plenary Session] A Way Forward: Winning the War on COVID through Vaccines featuring Dr. Anthony Fauci. The 3-part plenary session is sponsored by Johnson & Johnson
- [Plenary Session] Leveraging Innovative Technology to Treat COVID-19 Patients
- International Trade in the Times of COVID-19
- The Need for Speed: Developing COVID-19 Vaccines and Therapeutics
- How COVID-19 Has Impacted the Global Psyche Sponsored by Johnson & Johnson
COVID-19 was the primary topic of discussion in most sessions during BIO Digital Week. View the full list of COVID-19 sessions.