Media Resource Center
Media Registration Guidelines
The BIO International Convention provides many opportunities for news stories. Complimentary registration which includes access to all Convention programs is available to applicants with valid press credentials. BIO will review submissions in the order they are received and send notification within 48 hours. Instructions for receiving a complimentary media badge will be sent to all approved media.
These categories qualify for complimentary media registration.
• A by-lined article published by your employing news agency within the past six months
• A copy of publication masthead listing your primary position as an editor or reporter
• Official photo identification issued by your employing news agency or government
• A signed letter on company letterhead from your assignment editor confirming your assignment to cover the event
• A by-lined story appearing in a verifiable print or electronic publication dated within the last six months
When applying as a blogger, you must must provide three of your most recent blog posts on a biotechnology related subject for consideration.
Video Crews at BIO Convention
Marketing executives, sales representatives, public relations executives, analysts, consultants, authors, and researchers may not register as media.
Registered media and corporate crews interested in bringing a film crew will need to coordinate with the BIO Communications team to clearly define footage requests, specifically related to shooting the Exhibit floor (both prior to and during the event), sessions, receptions, and open areas.
Video Crew Categories:
- Random Roving / Corporate Crews
Roving crews will need to sign a waiver acknowledging compliance with Convention safe practices procedures.
- Educational Sessions
Specific crews may request to shoot on an individual basis (after working with BIO to obtain permission by the speakers/panelists to shoot).
- In-Booth Recording
Exhibitors may choose to retain video crews for in-booth activity. Both the vendor and crew must communicate with BIO prior to entering Convention and provide list of planned shots. If any shots include other vendors, companies must receive approval to use content.
Amenities and Services
We offer amenities and services to help you while onsite, including:
- A work room for approved media registrants with internet, printers, snacks and beverages.
- Private and semi-private interview space for registered reporters.