• A by-lined article published by their employing news agency within the past six months
• A copy of publication masthead listing the individual’s primary position as an editor or reporter
• Official photo identification issued by employing news agency or government
• A signed letter on company letterhead from your assignment editor confirming your assignment to cover the event
• A by-lined story appearing in a verifiable print or electronic publication dated within the last six months
Applying bloggers must provide three of their most recent blog posts on a biotechnology related subject for consideration.
- Marketing executives, sales representatives, public relations executives, analysts, consultants, authors and researchers may not register as media.
- Advanced media registration is encouraged for all types of media including web-based, college and freelance reporters.
- Videotaping of sessions is prohibited without signed waivers from all session speakers. Please contact BIO Communications for more information.
- BIO Communications is available to assist you with contacting companies and speakers, and setting up interviews. Please contact Theresa Brady if you need assistance.
- BIO will provide a fully functioning press work room with computers, internet access and printers.
Engaging Media at BIO Investor Forum
The BIO Investor Forum (BIF) is an ideal event to make and break news before an audience of industry experts, investors and reporters from trade, consumer and wire news outlets. Suggestions for attracting media and creating buzz include:
Posting on Social Media
As many print outlets are now posting their stories online first, maximize online media opportunities by using #BIF19 on all your social media postings. Leverage media tools like podcasting and blogs to extend your reach. Follow us on Twitter at @IAmBiotech and @bio1x1.
Pitching the Media in Advance
Typically by late September, nearly all reporters covering BIF have already registered to attend. You can share relevant releases and pitch story and interview ideas to these media by requesting the list from Theresa Brady. Maximize your chance of being noticed by creating strong messages and effective press materials.
Targeting Your Local Press
Engage your local media by letting them know of your BIF participation and describe your role in driving biotechnology innovation in the area. Offer to pen op-eds discussing your company’s impact on the local economy and previewing your BIF company presentation. For additional data to support your position, refer to the TEConomy/BIO report which details the economic value of the bioscience industry in the United States and includes profiles for all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
Providing Press Kits
BIO partners with Business Wire to fill online press kit and press release distribution needs. Any company wishing to create an online press kit for BIF may do so for a nominal fee.
Business Wire news releases and online press kits are made available to media/analysts through a dedicated news archive and are accessible for a full year following the event, providing greater value for companies submitting kits.
Learn more about Business Wire's services including news release distribution, online press kits, social media monitoring and more.
Announcing Your Company Presentation
If your company is presenting at BIF you may want to:
- Send a media advisory to registered and other media who may be interested in your company presentation.
- Send an advisory to your local newspaper and business media who may want to cover remotely.
- Create a compelling press kit that includes the company description, leadership bios and product pipeline.
- Offer the media one-on-one interviews with company spokespeople after the presentation.
- Arm company representatives with an elevator pitch and key messages for their networking.
Participating at BIF
The Buzz Center is BIO’s social media and video hub during BIF, hosting industry leaders sharing their perspectives on key industry trends. Videotaped interviews from the Buzz Center are shared on BIO’s social media platforms including BIO’s YouTube Channel, Facebook page and Twitter account. There is space for video interviews, live blogging/tweeting, media interviews, conversations between industry executives and attendees / media, etc. All attendees are encouraged to stop by and visit the Buzz Center during the course of the event.
To apply for participation in a Buzz Center interview, submit the following to Theresa Brady:
- A compelling topic for the interview which will appeal to a wide range of attendees
- The biography of the applicant
- Video of the applicant in an interview or presentation setting