The BIO World Congress Start-Up Stadium provides high visibility to early stage emerging companies to present in front of VC investors, analysts, angel investors, and strategists. Emerging companies will share their new technologies and value proposition through formal 15-minute presentations. BIO World Congress offers investors discounted registration rates.
Why Participate in Start-Up Stadium?
• Connecting with the right people is essential for building relationships and organizing deals
The BIO One-on-One Partnering™
system provides industrial biotechnology companies with the opportunity to schedule private meetings with investors, and industry business development and licensing executives
• Start-Up Stadium brings the right people together, while ensuring there is a pleasant mix of industrial biotechnology attendees and a low percentage of service providers
High Quality Content
• An elite group of private and early stage emerging industrial biotechnology companies will present their new technologies, accomplishments, value propositions, business case, and exit strategies.
• Presentations provide an opportunity for investors to learn about the latest technologies and connect with executives from innovative companies
• A panel discussion by leading investment firms covering the most recent industrial biotechnologies, financial strategies, useful best practices for improving your business, while also identifying trends, threats and opportunities on the horizon. Conference attendees will hear new technologies and unique perspectives on building the biobased economy, providing insights into the latest business developments
Business Development Insight
• Conference attendees will hear new technologies and unique perspectives on building the biobased economy, providing insights into the latest business developments
*Qualified investors are defined as institutional, private equity, angel and venture investors with funds on-hand, whose primary activity is direct investment in research and development companies (e.g., hedge fund, mutual fund, or venture fund). Equity research analysts from investment banking institutions and buy-side analysts also qualify as investors. Qualified investors receive a reduced registration fee to attend the entire conference.
BIO World Congress 2018 Program
INVESTOR PANEL SESSION
The panel discussion led by investment firms will cover the most recent financial strategies and trends. The panel discussion will be held on Tuesday, July 17, 2018 from 9:10am – 10:00am.
Roger Wyse, PhD, Managing Partner, Spruce Capital Partners
Neil Cameron, PhD, Investment Director, Advanced Materials, Emerald Technology Ventures
Ganesh Kishore, PhD, Managing Partner, Spruce Capital Partners
Emily Landsburg, Director, Ultra Capital
Bill Lese, Managing Partner, Braemar Energy Ventures
Jenny Rooke, PhD, Managing Director, Genoa Ventures
Jason Webber, Principal, Sustainable Conversion Ventures
2018 PRESENTING COMPANIES
8:30 AM – 9:05 AM
DMC Biotechnologies, Inc.
is a metabolic engineering startup with a mission to unleash the manufacturing power of biology by reducing biological complexity.
is developing a process to convert renewable resources into hydrocarbons through fermentation.
Investor Panel Participants for the presentations: Roger Wyse* (Spruce Capital Partners), Neil Cameron (Emerald Technology Ventures), Ganesh Kishore (Spruce Capital Partners), Emily Landsburg (Ultra Capital), Bill Lese (Braemar Energy Ventures), Jenny Rooke (Genoa Ventures), Jason Webber (Sustainable Conversion Ventures)
10:20 AM – 10:55 AM
Oxford Biotrans Limited
is a University of Oxford spin-out company that develops and commercializes enzymatic process technologies that yield high-value chemical compounds.
is an early stage industrial biotech company focused on providing low-cost access to glucaric acid and S-3-hydroxybutyrolactone (3-HBL) using traditional and green fermentation technology.
Investor Panel Participants for the presentations: Emily Landsburg* (Ultra Capital), Shaun Healey (BP Ventures), K'Lynne Johnson (Akoya Capital), Lawrence Khoo (Xeraya), Alan Weber (Marc IV)
1:15 PM – 2:10 PM
Triton Algae Innovations
is devoted to the idea of providing its healthy and nutritious green algae as a sustainabile and affordable source of alternative protein to help meet increasing domestic and global demand.
is a synthetic biology startup developing original genetic technologies using bacteriocins in order to improve microbial fermentation.
focuses on the development of advanced biofuels from low-value biomass, such as residues and wastes from the agriculture and forest industries.
Investor Panel Participants for the presentations: Mark Reidy* (Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton), Nathan Danielson (BioCognito), Jacob Grose (BASF Venture Capital), Sean Kendall (ARCH Venture Partners), Ganesh Kishore (Spruce Capital)
3:05 PM – 3:40 PM
is a silk fibroin (SF) biopolymer engineering company focusing on the development of orthopedic, dermatology and drug delivery products.
Leaf Resources Limited
is focused on making sustainable products from plant biomass and to build and grow a robust global business around sustainable and renewable bio-based products.
Investor Panel Participants for the presentations: Jason Webber* (Sustainable Conversion Ventures), Neil Cameron (Emerald Technology Ventures), Asheesh Choudhary (Cargill), Shaun Healey (BP Ventures)