Let’s talk about food. Our food. Our planet. Our health.
The Sustainability and the Future of Food programming is built around BIO's vision of a food system that is better for both society and the environment. Discusions will explore the most exciting topics in food innovation and sustainable agricultural systems. Hear from speakers with diverse perspectives and participate in interactive discussions on what sustainability and resiliency mean and how we build on our shared values.
Throughout the week, discover transformative solutions and establish creative partnerships nourishing progress for food, health, and the environment.
Attend sessions focused on these key topics and themes:
Sustainability TED Talks: “Sustainability + Shared Values"
- What do we really mean by ‘shared values’?
- How do food companies create shared value? How do they incorporate sustainability goals and use those as an investment and growth strategy? And what role do emerging technologies play in this discussion?
- Is there a gap between what’s said about modern food production and what actually happens?
Sustainable Solutions Roundtable: Advancing U.N. Sustainable Development Goals
- What are the different approaches used across the food chain to advance the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDG’s)?
- What unique partnerships are helping advance healthy environments and strong businesses? What partnerships are missing?
Lightning Round: The Future of Food is….
- A sampling and certainly non-exhaustive (or exhausting, we hope) lightning round featuring diverse perspectives on the future of food.
- What does the protein of the future look like? And how does it taste?
- What bets are investors making, and what can that tell us about where the money will go next?
- What do food retailers want to see in their aisles? Will they even have aisles (see also, drones)?
The Global Sustainable Innovations Market Dilemma
- How do you successfully integrate technology into global supply chains when regulatory paradigms aren’t exactly coordinated or aligned?
- What is the overarching narrative around the global marketplace for agricultural products today?
- What does defragmentation look like in a global advocacy strategy that supports and promotes innovation and technology in agriculture?