- What: 2020 US BioSafe General Membership Meeting
- When: Tuesday, May 12th through Thursday, May 14th, 2020
- Where: South San Francisco, hosted by Merck
- Who: BIO members engaged in the conduct and reporting of preclinical safety evaluations for biopharmaceuticals.
- Registration: This meeting is open to BIO member company staff engaged in the conduct and reporting of preclinical safety evaluation for biopharmaceuticals. Registration is not limited to BioSafe members, but your company must be a member of BIO. Registration information is forthcoming.
The mission of BioSafe is to serve as a resource for BIO members and BIO staff by identifying and responding to key scientific and regulatory issues related to the preclinical safety evaluation of biopharmaceutical products.
The General Membership consists of individuals from BIO member companies who work on white papers, responses to regulatory guidance, and expert topic meetings. These companies also make up various expert working groups and ad hoc subcommittees including the Specialty Biologics Expert Working Group and the PK/PD Expert Working Group.
BioSafe is a committee within BIO's Health Section, comprised of BIO members working to identify key scientific and regulatory issues and developments related to the preclinical safety evaluation of biopharmaceutical products and recommending appropriate science-based responses.