June 4-6, 2016
Moscone Convention Center, San Francisco, CA
Co-located at the 2016 BIO International Convention
The Advanced Business Development Course is designed for executives and business development professionals interested in bringing their skills in valuation, deal structuring, due diligence, negotiation and contracts to the next level. During this intense, three-day workshop attendees will receive hands-on, advanced training from veteran business development professionals and legal advisers using real world case studies. In addition, attendees will be split into teams to conduct a mock negotiation over rights for a clinical stage compound.
The faculty is drawn from among the most experienced business development professionals in the biotech drug development industry as well as big pharma, many of whom have been instructors in other programs, and all of whom have hands-on experience in the biotech industry.
Don’t miss the premier bioscience recruiting event of the year!
Who should attend?
It is designed for business development professionals who have most likely served as part of a business development or licensing team, but are now preparing to move to a senior manager level role within their organization. And highly experienced business development professional benefits by getting an update on the latest techniques, revised rules/regulations and honing deal-making skills.
- Business development & licensing professionals
- Alliance management professionals
- R&D personnel who have significant interaction with business development
- Intellectual property personnel involved in the licensing process
- Biotech company CEOs
Professionals who are new to business development and licensing or who have limited deal experience
Topics Covered in Advanced Business Development:
The course will cover basic topics and skills crucial to every business development professional in the industry, including:
- Valuation Concepts, Tools & Techniques
- Value Sharing and Deal Terms Structuring
- Types of IP and Issues in Due Diligence
- Negotiation and Influence Strategies
- Key Concepts of a Block Buster Deal
- Current Trends in Licensing Deals