Since 2003, the Business Development Fundamentals Course has been offered as a joint collaboration between the Biotechnology Industry Organization, our distinguished faculty and supporting organizations. The three day course provides an intensive and comprehensive educational foundation regarding the core skills that are needed to be a successful licensing executive in the life sciences industry.
The faculty consists of skilled industry professionals who have extensive hands-on experience in licensing and who have been instructors in other programs in the field.
Don’t miss the premier bioscience recruiting event of the year!
Who should attend?
- Professionals who are new to business development and licensing or who have limited deal experience.
- Alliance management, R&D, legal, marketing or academic professionals who desire to learn more about licensing as a function or as a career opportunity.
- Entrepreneurs who have not been exposed to licensing or M&A type transactions but recognize it as a critical strategic function for their business.
- Professionals interested in a comprehensive refresher course in licensing.
Topics Covered in Fundamentals Course:
- Intellectual Property
- Finance Concepts in Licensing
- Process and Management of Strategic Alliances
- Contract Basics
- Sourcing and Marketing Technology
- Negotiation Strategy
- The Role of the University in Creating Portfolio Value
- Communication Skills for the Licensing Professional