- Public company presentations will be limited to 25 minutes in length, including Q&A. We highly suggest keeping the presentation to 20 minutes and reserving 5 minutes for Q&A.
- Private company presentations will be limited to 13 minutes in length, also including any questions from the audience. We recommend that companies keep their presentations to 10 minutes and reserve 5 minutes for Q&A.
- All presenters are asked to prepare and submit their presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint for PC.
- Presentations must be uploaded onsite on flash cards or USB ports.
- If your presentation contains an embedded video, please be sure it is in avi, wmv, or MPEG format.
- Presentations will be equipped with audio.
Immediately upon your arrival at The Waldorf, bring your presentation to the Speaker Ready Room to check it in to the Conference. More details provided below.
- This must be done regardless if you have submitted your presentation for webcasting purposes.
- Allow time to test the presentation.
Your presentation MUST be received in the Speaker Ready Room no later than 3 hours prior to your scheduled presentation.
- If your presentation is early Monday morning, email Kelly at kmann(at)bio.org for additional information on the Speaker Ready Room.
- Bring a back-up copy of your presentation with you to the Conference.
Speaker Ready Room (Location: Basildon):
- The staff in the speaker lounge will be available to assist you in reviewing and testing your presentation.
- Webcasting Staff will also be on hand in the Speaker Ready Room. If you are webcasting your presentation, please be sure to indicate whether you would like your Q&A session recorded.
- Only the presenter will have access to the presentation file once it is checked in to the Speaker Ready Room's server.
- At the end of each day, presentations for that day will be deleted from the presentation room PCs and the server.
- A dedicated computer operator will be assigned to each session room and will advance all slides by presenters.
- At the podium, each presenter will have a preview monitor to view their presentations without turning their heads and a "cue light" to prompt the operator to advance their PowerPoint presentation slides.
- For webcasting purposes, please indicate clearly when/if you will be taking questions from the audience.
- No overhead projectors will be provided.
- Each room will be equipped with an electronic timer in full view of the presenter. The 25-minute or 13-minute time limit will be strictly enforced.
- Presenters will NOT be permitted to hook a laptop to the digital projector in the presentation room.
- Microphones will be provided.
- Please plan on arriving in your presentation room 15 minutes prior to the start of your presentation.
Have you completed the Presenter's Checklist? Please click here to review each item needed to secure your Presentation Time Slot.