Wednesday, September 10, 2014 | 10:45 - 11:45 | Copacabana
Many of the great universities in Latin America have difficulty moving scientific discoveries into commercial products. However, leading institutions have implemented new mechanisms to transfer exciting discoveries from academia into the marketplace faster, where they can improve lives and create jobs. What approaches to connect ideas with investors have proven effective and where can governments strengthen the process? Panelists will discuss ways to encourage entrepreneurship in the region through collaboration of university technology transfer offices, governments, companies and the investment community.
- Andrew Callaway, Managing Director & Global Head of Life Sciences, Deutsche Bank Securities Inc., United States
- W. Mark Crowell, University of Virginia, Innovation, United States (moderator)
- Alan Vanderborght, Managing Director-CEO, Torreya Emerging Markets, United States
- Mauricio Neves, Deputy Director at Industrial Division, BNDES, Brazil
- Antonio Werneck, President, Instituto Vital Brazil (IVB), Brazil