Working with the National Science Foundation (NSF) to expand upon the success of the Discovery Track, BIO is announcing a dedicated company presentation track at the 12th Annual BIO Investor Forum showcasing NSF-funded companies focused on drug discovery, diagnostics and other related technologies.
The companies are supported by the NSF Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program, which funds start-ups and entrepreneurs to undertake high-risk, high-reward research with the potential to produce technology capable of positively transforming society and the marketplace. These companies present great investment opportunities for early-stage investors.
Companies in this dedicated track include:
- ADMdx –Diagnostics Platform (Neuroimaging). ADMdx provides neuroimaging studies and data analysis to pharmaceutical companies, emphasizing Central Nervous System disorders.
- Biodesy –Drug Discovery Platform (In Silico). Biodesy develops a means of detecting conformational change in proteins and other biological molecules.
- Carmot – Drug Discovery Platform (Chemotype Evolution). Carmot Therapeutics applies its proprietary technology, Chemotype Evolution, to address unmet chemical needs in drug discovery, focusing on high-profile targets for which drug leads have been difficult to identify.
- CertiChem – Assay Platform (Estrogenic Activity in vitro, & in vivo). CertiChem provides in vitro and in vivo assays to detect hormonal activity in various compounds at a reasonable cost.
- Jade Therapeutics - Drug Delivery Platform (Ophthalmology, Biologics). Jade Therapeutics develops locally administered, sustained-release therapeutics that improve corneal healing following damage from disease or injury.
- Nano3D Biosciences –Assay Platform (3-D Cell Activity). Nano3D Biosciences, Inc. (n3D) develops a device for culturing cells in three-dimensions by magnetic levitation.
- Nanofiber Solutions – Assay Platform (3-D Cell Scaffolds & Tissue Engineering). Nanofiber Solutions designs and manufactures novel 3D nanofiber scaffolds.
- Parabon Nanolabs – Drug Discovery Platform & Forensics. Parabon NanoLabs, Inc. is a DNA technology company that develops therapeutic and forensic products made possible by recent advance in DNA sequencing, processing and manufacturing technologies.
- Stemina – Biomarker Discovery. Stemina Biomarker Discovery is a metabolomics company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of molecular biomarkers to improve drug safety and human health.
- Tymora Analytical Operations – Assay Platform (Phosphorylation Analyses). Tymora has developed a nanoscale platform technology for unmet needs in analysis of protein phosphorylation that relates to the onset of numerous diseases, most noticeably cancer.
To see each company’s presentation times at the event, please visit our presenting companies page by clicking here.