Wednesday, October 24th, 4:30-5:30pm
China is actively investing in biotechnology development through many different avenues. Hear a panel of experts explain the advantages of operating in China and engaging in cross-border collaborations, and learn how Chinese and Western biopharma companies can gain access to meaningful capital.
- Samantha Du, PhD, Managing Director, Sequoia Capital
- Alan Hu, Healthcare Fund Partner, Deloitte
- Dan Junguo, PhD, Chendgu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Sun Wansong, PhD, Director of Investment Promotion, Secretary of the CPC, Clinical Medicine, Ministry of Commerce, People's Republic of China
- Yu Yanfei, Section Chief, Fudding Construction Section of Bio City of Wu Han Guang Gu Cluster
Sun Wansong, PhD
Dr. Sun Wansong serves as Director of the Project Operation Department of the China Investment Promotion Agency at the Ministry of Commerce. He holds a Doctoral degree in Management, and finished his post-doctoral research at Tsinghua University.
Dr. Sun‘s research has focused on the innovation and development of industrial parks. He has published four books, including Self-Innovation and Core Competence in High-Tech Zones, and over 20 academic papers in national top-level journals and international conferences. Dr. Sun has won several provincial and national Social Science Outstanding Achievement Awards and Technological Progress Awards.