Position Title: Manager, Customer Care and Analysis _X_ Exempt
Department: Events and Industry Programs
Reports to: Director, Registration and Customer Care
Manager, Customer Care & Analysis, will lead registration operations for all pertinent meetings, conferences, courses, and events and pay specific attention to customer data maintenance and analysis.
This position reports to the Director, Registration & Customer Care, and collaborates cross-functionally to execute attendee access and support efforts to grow attendance and relative revenue.
Additionally responsible for customer service, this position manages and supports all aspects of registration (pre, post, and onsite), including data collection and analysis, quality assurance, report generation, and historical maintenance.
The Manager will be a member of relevant planning teams and serve as the primary point person for attendee intake, reports, analysis, and administration.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a complete understanding of registration protocols associated with every BIO event and the specific nuances among them. Recommend and implement modifications and enhancements to systems where necessary.
- Develop and maintain reports and produce compiled data, as needed, for promotional efforts, budgeting, strategic reference and, post-event analysis.
- Collaborate with registration vendor and BIO IT Department to outline registration requirements and tailor systems and processes to align with specificities of each event.
- Manage and support the development and beta testing cycle for registration sites.
- Support the management and training of temporary data entry and customer care staff.
- With Director’s guidance, Work with the general services contractor to plan and coordinate onsite registration commensurate with the size and scope of each event.
- Manage the onsite registration experience for relevant events to include auxiliary staff training and oversight, monitoring and reporting on onsite attendee data; managing onsite payments, and general customer service,
- Manage the temporary onsite staff and associated vendor(s) relevant meetings and events by reviewing the vendor contract and advising the Director, Registration & Customer Care of necessary updates, compiling staffing needs from all BIO Staff, and working with the vendor to facilitate requests.
- Use data mining to extract data sets and identify correlations and patterns to help predict trends in the customer base; identify and recommend new revenue opportunities; and monitor data quality.
- As a customer care team member, provide customer service to everyone registering or otherwise participating in BIO events with timely resolutions to inquiries.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Computer literacy with understanding of and ability to use Microsoft Office products
- Experience with Salesforce/Fonteva or similar association and/or relationship management databases and basic web applications
- Strong customer service acumen with a proven ability to problem solve
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Data savvy with a working general knowledge of event registration practices
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills
- Available to travel
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- 3-4 years within a non-profit or membership organization
- 3-4 years of registration/exhibits/trade show experience preferred
- Familiar with general database applications (Fonteva or similar membership database management preferred)