- Manager, Digital Engagement
- In Public Affairs & Marketing
- Reports to VP, Digital
- Full-time, Exempt Position
Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) is the world’s largest advocacy association representing member companies, state biotechnology groups, academic and research institutions, and related organizations across the United States and in 30+ countries. BIO members are involved in the research and development of innovative healthcare, agricultural, industrial, and environmental biotechnology products. BIO also produces the BIO International Convention, the world’s largest gathering of the biotechnology industry, along with industry-leading investor and partnering meetings held around the world.
The Manager, Digital Engagement will be responsible for assisting in the development of digital communications and content creation for BIO.org, our blog and social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
The Manager, Digital Engagement will focus primarily on executive elevation and positioning. This person will play a key role in creating and cultivating new digital content and ensuring that BIO and its senior leaders are an active part of the on-going social and digital conversation.
In support of senior leadership, the Manager, Digital Engagement will be expected to travel with staff senior leaders at events and manage the social and digital communications on behalf of leadership. The Manager, Digital Engagement, will also provide technical support to other BIO staff and play a supporting role in guiding BIO’s digital first strategy.
- Help manage BIO and executive’s proactive social media editorial calendar, create and cultivate new digital content, and enhance existing web content
- Work closely with BIO subject matter experts and content creators to ensure that content is relevant and timely
- Assist select BIO staff in the management of their social media channels, including providing content
- Support the creation of short in-house videos and podcasts that promote BIO’s senior leadership
- Remain up-to-date with best practices, new content development/management strategies, and knowledge of digital media as it pertains to the BIO brand
- Work closely with external vendors to ensure that projects are managed in appropriate timeframes
- General departmental administrative work as needed, no more than 15 percent of the job
- Help strategize on the most effective tactics to meet objectives and ensure the effective execution of agreed-upon tactics for key external audiences, including members, Good Day BIO subscribers, and bio.org visitors, to advance communication priorities
- Ideate and write/edit copy for a variety of business purposes and channels to create original, effective digital and traditional communication assets that fulfill plans/campaigns
- Collaborate with communications, web, marketing teams to inform/create innovative solutions and continually improve tactic/campaign effectiveness in driving desired outcomes
- Propose/justify new digital ventures, set up digital campaigns, and optimize elements of BIO’s advocacy campaigns
- Actively use insights from analytics to determine best practices and apply learnings to marketing tactics and plans
- Support BIOAction campaigns, assisting in campaign launch, formatting database emails, and track and report on success
Required Background, EDUCATION, and skills
• Proven writing, editing, and verbal skills demonstrating a strong command of English, with an ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, direct, and engaging style
• Mastery of social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube
• Knowledge of Drupal, Adobe Creative Suite
• Previous experience with e-newsletter distribution, specifically Marketo
• Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus
• Must be able to work independently and with minimal guidance
• Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of related work experience
• Relevant professional experience in digital content creation and distribution
• Strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work efficiently under stress and to juggle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
Candidates should be aware that BIO currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date BIO is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.