Position Title: Manager, Digital Engagement
Department: Public Affairs/Communications
Reports to: Managing Director, Digital Communications & Engagement
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The Manager, Digital Engagement will be responsible for assisting in the development of digital communications and content creation for the newly redesigned BIO.org, our blog and social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube. This position will play a key role in creating and cultivating new digital content and ensuring that sections of the website display the most relevant and timely information. The Manager, Digital Engagement, will also provide technical support to other BIO staff and play a supporting role in guiding BIO’s digital first strategy.
- Help manage BIO’s proactive social media editorial calendar, create and cultivate new digital content, enhance existing web content
- Help plan and execute digital media buys to support BIO’s advocacy efforts.
- Work closely with BIO subject matter experts and content creators to ensure that content is relevant and timely
- Help write, produce and send email newsletters using Marketo.
- Assist in tracking and analyzing web and email traffic to inform BIO’s content strategy
- Assist select BIO staff in the management of their social media channels, including providing content.
- Support the creation of short in-house videos and podcasts that promote BIO’s advocacy messages
- Remaining up to date with best practices, new content development/management strategies, and knowledge of digital media as it pertains to the BIO brand
- Work closely with external vendors to ensure that projects are managed in appropriate timeframes
- General departmental administrative work as needed, no more than 15% of the job.
- Proven writing, editing, and verbal skills demonstrating a strong command of English, with an ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, direct, and engaging style.
- Mastery of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube is required.
- Previous experience creating and executing digital media buys on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn is required.
- Knowledge of Drupal, Adobe Creative Suite.
- Previous experience with e-newsletter distribution, specifically Marketo.
- Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal guidance.
- Bachelor’s degree, 5 years of experience
- Relevant professional experience in digital content creation and distribution
- Strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work efficiently under stress and to juggle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.