Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) is the world’s largest advocacy association representing member companies, state biotechnology groups, academic and research institutions, and related organizations across the United States and in 30+ countries. BIO members are involved in the research and development of innovative healthcare, agricultural, industrial and environmental biotechnology products. BIO also produces the BIO International Convention, the world’s largest gathering of the biotechnology industry, along with industry-leading investor and partnering meetings held around the world.
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Sr. Director, Facilities Management and Internal Events with the day-to-day office responsibilities and supervision of operations support staff. This includes development, implementation and enforcement of policies and procedures for BIO’s office operations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Sr. Director, Facilities Management and Internal Events with facility management ensuring that the office is operating efficiently, and that office related changes or issues and employee requests are addressed timely. This includes reporting issues to the property manager through the electronic service request as needed.
- Serve as a liaison for vendors and manage the following programs: print materials, shredding.
- Perform facilities on-boarding for new employees.
- Act as point of contact for BIO staff with any conference room issues, they may have. This includes issues with BIO’s conference room program (MRM), microphones, projectors, conference calls, etc., in addition to, keeping the Senior Director, Facilities Management and Internal Events, and Information Technologies team informed of any issues.
- Maintain office inventory database, including tracking office furniture, service items, food and beverage stock, and office supplies.
- Assist with any special room set up/breakdown requests for all BIO conference rooms, including conducting room set ups and breakdowns.
- Support daily operations and ensure the office remains a clean, functioning, productive and safe environment.
- Act as interim lead in absence of Sr. Director, Facilities Management and Internal Events. Including property management communications, and security contact.
- Other projects, as assigned, as it relates to supporting BIO’s mission to drive a bio-revolution through Education, Collaboration, and Advocacy, by providing a pristine and operational workplace setting for employees, members, and guests.
- Exceptional verbal & written communications
- Professional appearance
- Quick-thinking, Sound Decision Making and Problem-solving
- Self-starter, with the ability to take initiative to support the bigger picture.
- Computer literate specifically MS Word, MS Outlook, and MS Excel
- Working knowledge of office operation practices and procedures
- Knowledge of Office equipment
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Superb planning and time management capabilities
Education and Experience Required:
- High school, college degree a plus
- 4+ years of general office work experience
- Early mornings and late evenings may be required to support BIO-hosted events.