Join a team of professionals whose objective is to generate non membership dues revenue by driving sales through exhibit, sponsorship, and advertising across all BIO events. This position is responsible for ensuring efficient and effective sales strategies to grow small and mid-level accounts and generate new business through prospecting for new customers. This position will also be responsible for the oversight of sales fulfillment, collaboration with event operations, data management, and customer service activity.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with the ability to close, have an outstanding and courteous customer service skill set, strong attention to detail and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Develop and manage relationships with current and potential companies to maximize customer satisfaction, including individual exhibitors, pavilions, sponsors, and advertisers.
- Manage strategic sales plan development and execution working with internal departments including Registration, Education, Marketing, Operation, and Policy Teams.
- Manage acquisition and retention strategies to achieve or exceed non-dues revenue goals.
- Contribute new promotional sponsorship and advertising opportunities to increase saleable inventory.
- Initiate cold calling to new prospects to increase pipeline and promote the sale of exhibit space, sponsorship, and advertising.
- Deliver accurate sales forecasts and benchmarks on a consistent basis.
- Meet and exceed established exhibit space, sponsorship, and advertising goals.
- Coordinate sales activity with the sales team through the database and contribute to the improvement of sales processes.
- Collaborate with related teams and stakeholders to ensure benefit fulfillment for exhibit space, sponsorship, and advertising.
- Represent Sales & Sponsorship Team for regular management meetings.
- Attend competitive exhibitions/events for prospecting.
- Duties otherwise assigned.
- Polished communication skills; written, verbal and presentation skills
- Customer-focused with excellent follow up
- Organized with excellent project management skills
- Highly driven, motivated and results oriented
- Ability to work as part of a team and ability to create and alter processes for improved team efficiency
- Knowledge of the biotechnology and life science industry and familiarity with business development, licensing, and investment landscape a plus!
- Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PPT, etc.)
- CRM experience (Salesforce.com preferred)
- Marketing automation familiarity a plus
- Ability to travel
- College degree or equivalent years of experience.
- 5+ years of related work experience.
- At least 3 years of proven sales experience preferably exhibit sales experience and working with Associations and conventions.