14th Annual BIO CEO & Investor Conference to Highlight 2012 Investment Outlook, New Business Models and Key Therapeutic Topics
WASHINGTON, D.C. (January 31, 2012) –The Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO) announces plenary sessions, Business Roundtables and Therapeutic Workshops selected for the 14thAnnual BIO CEO & Investor Conference. Experts chosen to speak on these panels represent leading clinical practitioners, investment professionals, industry analysts and senior biotechnology executives. The conference, to be held February 13-14, 2012 in New York City, is the largest independent investor conference focused on established and publicly-traded biotechnology companies.
“Marked by several M&A transactions, development deals and FDA approvals, 2012 has already been an eventful year in biotech. This year’s program will delve into some of the therapeutic and business catalysts driving positive activity in the biopharma industry,” said Alan Eisenberg, Executive Vice President, Emerging Companies & Business Development at BIO. “The regulatory and financial challenges faced by our industry highlight the need for an independent forum where top industry executives and investment professionals can convene to discuss innovative deal structures and financing mechanisms.”
The BIO CEO & Investor Conference plenary sessions will cover the economic and business issues facing the biotech industry. The Business Roundtables will focus on biotech drug launches, unique business models and licensing and deal making. Therapeutic Workshops will address topics such as oncology, companion diagnostics, neurological and cardiovascular diseases.
Plenary sessions include:
- Alexander J. Denner, PhD, (former) Managing Director, Icahn Associates
- Rajiv Kaul, Portfolio Manager, Fidelity Select Biotechnology Portfolio, Fidelity
- Greg Martinez, Portfolio Manager, Harbor Watch Capital Management LLC
- Rachel K. King, Chief Executive Officer, GlycoMimetics, Inc.
- Michael Margolis, RPh, Managing Director, Healthcare Investment Banking, ROTH Capital Partners
- Barbara Yanni, JD, LLM, CLP, Vice President and Chief Licensing Officer, Merck & Co
- Paul J. Hastings, President & CEO, OncoMed Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Jonathan S. Leff, Managing Director, Healthcare, Warburg Pincus, LLC
- Richard Pops, Chairman & CEO, Alkermes plc
- Stephen P. Spielberg, MD, PhD, Deputy Commissioner for Medical Products & Tobacco, FDA
Business Roundtables include:
- Tillman U. Gerngross PhD, Co-Founder & CEO, Adimab, Inc.
- Peter Kolchinsky, PhD, Portfolio Manager, RA Capital Management
- Steven Tregay, PhD, Founder, President & CEO, Forma Therapeutics
- Steve Worland, PhD, President & CEO (former), Anadys Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Luke M. Beshar, CPA, Sr. Vice President & Chief Financial Officer, NPS Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- John R. Leone, Partner, Healthcare, Paul Capital
- Ivana Magovčević-Liebisch, PhD, JD. Executive Vice President and Chief Business Officer
- Russell H. Plumb, MBA, President & Chief Executive Officer, Inhibitex Inc.
- Pedro Lichtinger, President & CEO, Optimer Pharmaceuticals
- Timothy P. Walbert, Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer, Horizon Pharma, Inc.
Therapeutic Workshops include:
- Mohammad Azab, MD, M Sc, MBA, Chief Medical Officer, Astex Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Konstantin H. Dragnev, MD, Hematology/Oncology, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
- Michael M. Morrissey, PhD, President & Chief Executive Officer, Exelixis, Inc.
- Robert F. Ozols, MD, PhD, Senior Vice President, Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Ted T. Ashburn, MD, PhD, Senior Director, Corporate Development, Genzyme Corp
- Michael Gold, MS, MD, Vice President, Clinical Development & Chief Medical Officer, Allon Therapeutics Inc.
- Marc L. Gordon, MD, Chief of Neurology, Associate Professor of Neurology and Psychiatry, Zucker Hillside Hospital, Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine
- Hyoung-Gon Lee, PhD, Assistant Professor, Case Western University
- Thomas Davis, MD, Senior Vice President & Chief Medical Officer, Celldex Therapeutics, Inc.
- Joanna C. Horobin, MD, President & CEO, Syndax Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Patrick J. Mahaffy, President and Chief Executive Officer, Clovis Oncology
Shot to the Heart – The Race to Conquer Dyslipidemia / Hypercholesterolemia
- Per Bengtsson, MD, PhD, President & CEO, Kara Bio AB
- Ram Y. Gordon, MD, Clinical Cardiologist, University of Pennsylvania
- Mark Sumeray, MD, MS, FRCS, Chief Medical Officer, Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
To learn more about the BIO CEO & Investor Conference, including registration and program information, please visit here. Registration is complimentary for qualified investors and credential members of the media.
The BIO CEO & Investor Conference is the largest independent investor conference focused solely on publicly-traded biotechnology companies. Investors attend to network with top biotechnology executives, evaluate fresh investment opportunities, attend candid panel discussions and get an overview of the industry and key issues affecting investments.
BIO is pleased to recognize the leadership provided by the BIO CEO & Investor Conference sponsors. The bank sponsors include: BMO Capital Market, Lazard, Leerink Swann, Stifel Nicolaus Weisel,Rodman & Renshaw, LLC and Roth Capital Partners.
Upcoming BIO Events
January 31 – February 1, 2012
February 13-14, 2012
New York, NY
April 29-May 2, 2012
June 18-21, 2012
Follow us on Twitter @IAmBiotech
Join us on LinkedIn/MyBio
Become a fan at facebook.com/IAmBiotech