14th Annual BIO CEO & Investor Conference to Highlight Latest Investment and Deal Making Trends
Washington, DC (December 6, 2011) – The Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO) announces program topics planned for the BIO CEO & Investor Conference to be held February 13-14, 2012 at the Waldorf=Astoria in New York City, NY.
“As the biotech industry continues to innovate and grow, developing new therapeutics that will better the world, meetings like this play a key role in generating the investment interest that will help bring new therapies to market,” said Alan Eisenberg, BIO’s Executive Vice President of Emerging Companies and Business Development. “Investors from around the world will be in attendance to meet the most promising publically traded biotechnology companies in the industry.”
The conference also will host 10 sessions and two CEO fireside chats. Therapeutic Workshops will address topics such as oncology, companion diagnostics, neurological and cardiovascular diseases. Business Roundtables will address biotech drug launches, unique business models and licensing and deal making. The two CEO fireside chats will feature leaders in the industry highlighting issues with the FDA and trends in reimbursement.
The Advisory Committee for the CEO & Investor Conference includes the following industry leaders:
- Erin Brubaker,Vice President Alliance Management, GSK
- John Chambers, Managing Director, Roth Capital Partners
- PamelaDemain, Executive Director, Corporate Licensing, Merck & Co.
- Annette Grimaldi, Managing Director, BMO Capital Markets
- Michael Hay, Senior Biotechnology Analyst, BioMedtracker
- Michael G. King, Jr., Managing Director, Rodman & Renshaw, LLC
- Peter Kolchinsky, PhD, Portfolio Manager, RA Capital Management, LLC
- James S.J. Manuso, PhD, MBA, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Astex Pharmaceuticals Inc
- Evan McCulloch,Portfolio Manager, Franklin Templeton
- Stephen Sands, Managing Director and Co-Head of Healthcare Banking, Lazard
- Mark Schoenebaum, Senior Managing Director, Head of Healthcare & Biopharma Analyst, ISI Group
- Ronald C. Renaud, Jr., President and Chief Executive Officer, Idenix Pharmaceuticals
- Nathan P. Tinker, PhD, Executive Director, New York Biotechnology Association (NYBA)
The 14th Annual BIO CEO & Investor Conference provides a forum for public and private equity investors, research analysts, investment bankers and senior-level industry executives to learn about and discuss investment trends and investment opportunities in the biotech industry. The conference is designed to foster an informative dialogue between institutional investors and senior biotechnology executives about emerging and current investment opportunities.
The Conference features company presentations, one-on-one meetings, and sessions on the latest investment trends within the biotechnology industry. This event is the world’s largest independent investor conference focused on publicly-traded biotechnology companies. To learn more about the BIO CEO & Investor Conference, including registration and program information, please visit http://bio.org/bioceo.
Qualified institutional and venture investors whose primary activity is direct investment in research and development companies are eligible for complimentary registration. Equity research analysts from investment banking institutions also qualify as investors. Media registration also is complimentary for credentialed members of the media.All registrations are subject to verification of credentials.