BIO Announces Call for Paper and Panel Submissions for 2008 Pacific Rim Summit on Industrial Biotechnology and Bioenergy
WASHINGTON, D.C. (Tuesday, April 15, 2008) - The Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO) invites leaders from biotechnology, chemical and agricultural industries to submit proposals for panels and individual papers for the third annual Pacific Rim Summit on Industrial Biotechnology and Bioenergy. The conference will be held Sept. 10 – 12, 2008, at the Westin Bayshore Resort & Marina in Vancouver, B.C., Canada.
Leaders from the biotechnology industry, academia, and science community are invited to submit proposals for panels in any of four program tracks:
· Biofuels and Bioenergy (ethanol, cellulosic ethanol, biodiesel, microbial fuel cells, advanced biofuels, new energy crops, use of agricultural and forestry residues, etc.)
· Renewable Chemicals and Biobased Materials (biopolymers, renewable chemical platforms, fine chemicals from biomass, pharmaceuticals, fragrances)
· Marine Biotechnology, Bioprospecting & Algae Systems (marine bioresources, new bioactive molecules, bioproducts, bioenergy and carbon dioxide capture from algae)
· Synthetic Biology, Nanobiotechnology & Novel Applications (synthetic biology, nanobiotech tools, petroleum and natural resource recovery, military applications)
Applicants are particularly encouraged to submit presentations on industrial biotechnology for climate change and sustainability, which are key thematic areas of the conference. The call for papers and panels deadline is May 5, 2008.
The “Advanced Biofuels & Climate Change Information Center” presents the latest commentary and data on the environmental and other impacts of biofuel production. Drop in and add your comments, at http://biofuelsandclimate.wordpress.com/.
Upcoming BIO Events
· BIO National Venture Conference
April 22-23, 2008
· World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology & Bioprocessing
April 27-30, 2008
· 2008 BIO International Convention
June 17-20, 2008
San Diego, Calif.
BIO represents more than 1,200 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, state biotechnology centers and related organizations across the United States and in more than 30 other nations. BIO members are involved in the research and development of innovative healthcare, agricultural, industrial and environmental biotechnology products. BIO also produces the annual BIO International Convention, the world’s largest gathering of the biotechnology industry, along with industry-leading investor and partnering meetings held around the world.