BIO Announces Livestock Biotech Summit Preliminary Program
WASHINGTON, D.C. (Tuesday, June 29, 2010) - The Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO) today announces the preliminary program for the 2010 Livestock Biotech Summit which will provide participants three days of cross-cutting discussions among industry, academic and government leaders. The Summit is scheduled for September 28-30, in Sioux Falls, S.D.
The first day and a half of the conference includes a unique workshop tailored specifically to the care of agricultural animals in research as well as an interactive presentation on the newly revised Ag Guide. The last half of the conference is focused on genetically engineered animals, switching to lively sessions around such topics as real life case studies of products weaving their way through the regulatory process, food and biomedical applications, and funding opportunities for animal biotechnology research.
Among the impressive line-up of speakers scheduled to appear include:
- Bruce Knight, Strategic Conservation Solutions
- Dr. John McGlone, Texas Tech University
- Dr. Janice Swanson, Michigan State University
- Dr. Chris Newcomer, Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care
- Dr. Reg Gomes, University of California System
- Dr. Bill Gavin, GTC Therapeutics, Inc.
- Dr. Jeff Jones, U.S. Food and Drug Administration Center for Veterinary Medicine
- Dr. Roman Drews, U.S. Food and Drug Administration Center for Biologics Evaluation & Research
- Jerry Pommer, Hematech, Inc.
- Leah Wilkinson, ViaGen, Inc.
- Dr. Eddie Sullivan, Hematech, Inc.
- Dr. David Ayares, Revivicor, Inc.
- Dr. John Swart, Exemplar Genetics
- Dr. Jim Murray, University of California, Davis
- Dr. Ron Stotish, AquaBounty Technologies, Inc.
- Dr. Larisa Rudenko, U.S. Food and Drug Administration Center for Veterinary Medicine
- Dr. Cecil Forsberg, University of Guelph
- Dr. Darek Bulinski, Environment Canada
“Having so many acclaimed experts in the fields of animal science, agriculture and genetic engineering gathered together in one place is a testament to the uniqueness of this first-ever conference of its kind,” says David Edwards, Director of Animal Biotechnology for the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO). “Considering the depth of knowledge and experience of all our conference participants, we fully expect some dynamics discussion to take place at these sessions.”
Register now at www.bio.org/livestockbiotechsummit to take advantage of the early bird rate!
Who Should Attend?
- IACUC Members
- Academic & Industrial Scientists
- Genetic Engineering Researchers
- Research Animal Suppliers
- Drugs & Vaccine Developers/Manufacturers
- Serum and Blood Producers
- Biomedical Device Producers
- Animal Disease Model Developers
- Xenotranplantation Specialists
All programs at the Livestock Biotech Summit are open to attendance by members of the media.* Complimentary media registration is available to editors and reporters working full time for print, broadcast or web publications with valid press credentials. Valid press credentials include:
· Official photo identification from employing news agency
· A by-lined story from employing news agency dated within the last six months
· A publication masthead listing you as an editorial contributor. Freelance journalists may also apply for complimentary media registration, but must present:
- A signed letter on company letterhead from your assignment editor confirming your assignment to cover the event
- A by-lined story dated within the last six months
*Web-based, college, and freelance reporters are strongly encouraged to register in advance. Please note that marketing executives, sales representatives, public relations executives, analysts, consultants, authors, and researchers may not register as media.
BIO Acknowledges the Support Provided by the Livestock Biotech Summit Sponsors**
South Dakota Governor's Office of Economic Development
Trans Ova Genetics
South Dakota State University
Animal & Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS), Animal Care - USDA
University of Illinois
South Dakota Biotech Association
*as of 6/22/2010
Additional information on multi-level sponsorship opportunities and program details can also be found here.
Upcoming BIO Events
World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology and Bioprocessing
June 27-30, 2010
September 21 - 22, 2010
BIO’s Livestock Biotechnology Summit
September 28-30, 2010,
Sioux Falls, SD
BIO Investor Forum
October 5-6, 2010
San Francisco, CA
BIO Intellectual Property Counsels Committee Fall Conference and Committee Meeting
October 18-20, 2010
BIO represents more than 1,200 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, state biotechnology centers and related organizations across the United States and in more than 30 other nations. BIO members are involved in the research and development of innovative healthcare, agricultural, industrial and environmental biotechnology products. BIO also produces the BIO International Convention, the world’s largest gathering of the biotechnology industry, along with industry-leading investor and partnering meetings held around the world.