Early Bird Registration Deadline is July 29 for BIO 2010 Livestock Biotech Summit!
WASHINGTON, D.C. (Tuesday, July 27, 2010) - Don’t miss your chance to get the special early-bird registration rate for the 2010 Livestock Biotech Summit. Registration is now open, and our early-bird discounts will expire Thursday, July 29, 2010.
The first-ever Summit of its kind, scheduled for September 28-30, in Sioux Falls, S.D., will provide participants three days of cross-cutting discussions among industry, academic and government leaders.
Program highlights include:
- A unique workshop tailored specifically to the care of agricultural animals in research as well as an interactive presentation on the newly revised Ag Guide.
- Lively sessions focused on genetically engineered animals and around such topics as real life case studies of products weaving their way through the regulatory process, food and biomedical applications, and funding opportunities for animal biotechnology research.
- Dr. Reg Gomes, Vice President Emeritus of the University of California, will speak on developing global solutions through animal biotechnology. Gomes recently retired from the University of California, where he served as Vice President of Agriculture and Natural Resources for the university-wide system, Director of the California Agricultural Experiment Station and Director of California Cooperative Extension.
- Bruce Knight, Principal and Founder of Strategic Conservation Solutions, will give an overview of animal agriculture focusing on the increasing importance of animal care. Formerly the Undersecretary for Marketing and Regulatory Programs at USDA and Chief of USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service, Knight is a nationally recognized expert on conservation, agriculture, and the environment.
- Dr. John McGlone of Texas Tech University will be coordinating the workshop on the care and use of livestock in biomedical and agricultural research. Dr. McGlone speaks globally on topics of animal welfare, sustainable animal production, animal behavior, stress physiology and humane animal care.
- Panels of experts speaking on the “Case Study on the First Success Story on the U.S. Road to Regulatory Approval”, the “BIO GE Stewardship Program”, “New Products in the Pipeline”, “Funding Research on GE Animals”, and “Challenges for the Future”.
Who Should Attend?
- IACUC Members
- Academic & Industrial Scientists
- Genetic Engineering Researchers
- Research Animal Suppliers
- Drugs & Vaccine Developers/Manufacturers
- Serum and Blood Producers
- Biomedical Device Producers
- Animal Disease Model Developers
- Xenotranplantation Specialists
All programs at the Livestock Biotech Summit are open to attendance by members of the media.* Complimentary media registration is available to editors and reporters working full time for print, broadcast or web publications with valid press credentials. Valid press credentials include:
- Official photo identification from employing news agency
- A by-lined story from employing news agency dated within the last six months
- A publication masthead listing you as an editorial contributor. Freelance journalists may also apply for complimentary media registration, but must present:
-- A signed letter on company letterhead from your assignment editor confirming your assignment to cover the event
-- A by-lined story dated within the last six months
*Web-based, college, and freelance reporters are strongly encouraged to register in advance. Please note that marketing executives, sales representatives, public relations executives, analysts, consultants, authors and researchers may not register as media.
BIO Acknowledges the Support Provided by the Livestock Biotech Summit Sponsors**
South Dakota Governor's Office of Economic Development
Trans Ova Genetics
South Dakota State University
Animal & Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS), Animal Care - USDA
University of Illinois
South Dakota Biotech Association
Additional information on multi-level sponsorship opportunities and program details can also be found here.
Upcoming BIO Events
September 21 - 22, 2010
BIO’s Livestock Biotechnology Summit
September 28-30, 2010,
Sioux Falls, SD
BIO Investor Forum
October 5-6, 2010
San Francisco, CA
BIO Intellectual Property Counsels Committee Fall Conference and Committee Meeting
October 18-20, 2010
Advanced Business Development Course
November 12-14, 2010
BIO-Europe International Partnering Conference
November 15-17, 2010
Pacific Rim Summit on Industrial Biotechnology and Bioenergy
December 11-14, 2010
BIO represents more than 1,200 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, state biotechnology centers and related organizations across the United States and in more than 30 other nations. BIO members are involved in the research and development of innovative healthcare, agricultural, industrial and environmental biotechnology products. BIO also produces the BIO International Convention, the world’s largest gathering of the biotechnology industry, along with industry-leading investor and partnering meetings held around the world. BIO produces BIOtech Now, an online portal and monthly newsletter chronicling “innovations transforming our world.” Subscribe to BIOtech Now.